Chapter 50 - The Hardest Part

Nothing but shock and a little guilt reside in Negan now after hearing what his wife said to him before storming upstairs. He can't bring himself to even wrap his head around it and he replays the words in his head over and over again. Jack's pregnant again and even though it's a shock, he's worried about her and wants to be there for her more than anything in the world. The girl had been so upset she left Theo down here, and Negan decides to pick up his son and take him up the stairs to put him to bed. He feels so bad now for forcing her to tell him what was wrong and by the way she acted, this is a stressful and hard time for her too. Negan did the wrong thing and he's beating himself up for hurting her, that is and was never the intention. When he drinks, sometimes he can forget that he's an asshole, so he needs to sober up and quick.

Deciding maybe it's best to just put Theo up in his crib that since they been in the house, Negan made a crib for him some kind of rigged shit but it works perfect for him and he loves sleeping inside it. Jack wanted it to be in their large room so Theo wouldn't be alone at night so that is where it is. Now that they're having another baby, as far as he knows that it's true, they can reuse some things from Theo. Negan's not even sure if Jack is for sure pregnant, he hopes that she is because losing another baby is something he never wants her to go through again. So he takes his son upstairs and walks into the bedroom where his wife lays on her side, cuddled up and he just lays Theo down, the baby sucking on his thumb and his eyes are very heavy and he falls asleep within seconds of his head hitting the bed, and Negan sighs and leaves Jack be for now till the morning, then they can talk about it.

Jack was not really asleep yet so she heard Negan come in with Theo, and in her heart she wished he would have climbed into bed with her and told her that it's all going to be okay and that he's happy about this second baby. But no he didn't and it kind of hurts, but she also knows that he probably didn't because he's pretty shit faced and wants to give her space. The girl rubs her belly noticing that the bump is already growing, so this makes it all the more real and she just needs her husband to help her and be here for her this time so it's not like before. Jack won't ever forget the past, losing Negan and thinking he was dead while she had to give birth all alone, was so scary.

He will come around and she knows that but for right now she continues to rub her belly, the baby moves just a tiny bit and it makes Jack smile. "Don't worry, your daddy will come around and then we'll be just fine" she closes her eyes and falls asleep, dreaming of the future and so far it's a good one at that. While the girl sleeps peacefully and Theo is out like a light, Negan lays on the couch and thinks about the future too. He never thought that he would be here and that he would have Jack, let alone two kids. He has to admit to himself that he's rather excited to have another baby, since Theo's getting so big and babies bring the man so much joy he's happy but he needs to show Jack this so she can feel so much better going on.

This time though, Negan wants a girl more than anything and not that he's mad that Theo was a boy, this feels like it's the right time to have a baby girl. The couple can only keep their fingers crossed and hope that the odds are in their favor. For now it doesn't take much for Negan to pass out, and he snores deeply and sleeps the whole night. Not a single thing wakes him up, and usually he has Jack next to him but this just feels so wrong to him not having her to cuddle up too. He thinks that she probably doesn't want him in bed with her so he just sucks it up and deals with being alone and the morning shall bring better news.

The morning sun shines right through the large window, straight onto the bed where Jack lays. Theo just woke up too and as soon as Jack raises her head, she gets up real fast and heads to the toilet where she vomits viciously. The morning sickness she now has is horrible and it's definitely not her best friend, so she just pains through it and does it for her baby. She stands back up and leans against the sink, trying to calm herself before she has to feed Theo and get dressed. Jack reaches for her toothbrush and paste, brushing her teeth and she walks out of the bathroom to find Negan, holding a crying Theo.