Chapter 21 - The Next Day

Everything that has happened since earlier in the night is very haunting of Negan's mind as he waits for Jack to get back into the car. She takes her time, making sure that the coast is clear before she enters the car quietly slamming the door, being careful not to make noise. Jack turns around to stare at Theo, and he is perfect in every way and she is so happy that he is okay and safe now. From this moment on no one in the world is going to hurt him again, she promises that. Her baby is not ever leaving her side even when he is older she vows to protect him, and teach him how to survive, he will be her little warrior and protector.

"Oh fuck i'm so tired" Jack yawns out as she stretches out her arms and she reaches for her blanket to cover her body. "I just hope we can be done running for a while, it's just too much for me and for Theo, i mean Negan we can't do this to him much longer our baby is so little and he can get sick i just don't want to deal with all this shit anymore and it's actually pissing me off like a fucking lot" Negan can tell that Jack is making sense and he does agree with her.

"Alright calm down baby, i told you it will be okay we just have to keep trying the best that we can and then i know for sure we will be okay" Jack listens and Negan is reassuring her so she can feel a little better about their current predicament they are in. Of all the things they have been through this has to be the most of the most challenging of them all, or one of them for that matter. Finding refuge is beyond difficult, and having a newborn baby is tough as well but Jack has made things work and now Negan is here to help her too.

"Okay babe, i'm going to get some sleep while he sleeps i need it so fucking bad or i'm not going to do be alive in the morning" Jack lays her head back and closes her eyes, Negan does the same but he falls asleep having so much anxiety about this random structure outside their car. Hopefully this place can give them shelter, depending on what it is and if it's safe for his family. Risking this shit is going to be compromising, Jack and Theo are so important to keep safe but Negan being himself knows he will be the protector.

Over the course of the night, Jack moves around in a swift motion, scary dreams waking her up so bad that she cries. The girl looks back to her baby, he is okay and safe but after what happened she feels so guilty for not protecting Theo. Jack knows in her heart somehow it's not her fault at all, but guilt still overtakes her mind. Negan is sound asleep, so Jack winds up going back to sleep as well, until the morning comes with the bright, hot sun shining through the windows.

Jack climbs out of the car, grabbing Lucille just in case she happens to need her. After everything she is not screwing around, she wants Lucille or her knife at all times, wanting to kill anything that could harm her baby or even Negan. Making her way to the back of the car, Jack pulls out some clean clothes along with some things for Theo and she happens to notice the large warehouse type place to the right. Negan had pulled into the empty parking lot which has some old, beat up cars parked around. Jack bends down into the trunk to dig in her bag with the bat in her other hand tightly, she finds her clothes and Theo's stuff.

Out of nowhere a walker comes out and tackles Jack to the ground, Negan hears her yell out. "Oh what the fuck get off of me you ugly fuck" he runs out and by that time Jack has the upper hand on the ugly dead person, she stands up kicking it's ass to the ground and she takes Lucille and bashes it's head and body till there is nothing but bones and flesh left. Jack takes in the sight of Negan and he looks way to impressed right now but he is worried about her too. "Don't worry baby i killed this ugly fucking fuck, your wife is still a fucking badass after having a baby" Jack laughs and Negan goes to say something but he shakes his head and chuckles deeply.

Negan walks closer to an out of breath Jack and he reaches to grab the bloody bat out of her hands. "Wow that was so fucking hot baby, i mean damn you still got that fire in you, not that you ever lost it but i am so fucking proud of you" Negan takes a look around to make sure there is no more around and so far they are all good, at least for now. "Oh shit i think Theo's awake i got him baby" he walks around in a hurry to pick up the screaming baby before he makes too much noise. Theo cries, red in the face and he thrashes around having a little fit, so Jack comes around and holds him gently and he stops, seeing that his mama now holds him.