Chapter 17 - Things Change

For the first time in six months Jack can hear music again and it is so amazing she has to turn it up slightly to enjoy the wonderful sound coming from the stereo. Upbeat pop music was never really Jack's thing but this song by Rhianna is one of her favorites, We Found Love's lyrics come through and Jack has to sing along. Most of what she is saying in the song is like how her and Negan had found each other in bad circumstances and now here they are, in a hopeless place but they are together and their love is stronger than ever before.

Their baby boy is bringing them closer, Negan and Jack love each other so much it hurts. He looks to her while she sings this song and even though he makes fun of the funky pop song, he watches her in awe so in love with the beautiful girl. The way she smiles and her innocent voice, the way her hair is flowing along her perfect face, Negan loves her so much. Jack gets into the song as the fast tempo plays she almost wants to dance like a wacky person, but it's dark out and not really safe outside the car.

It's pretty late at night and Negan has to laugh as Jack's voice goes along to the lyrics and she sounds amazing. The song ends and she repeats it again this time she sings from the beginning as Negan still holds a very blank faced Theo. "Yellow diamonds in the light how we're standing side by side as his shadow crosses mine what it takes to come alive....the beat picks up and Jack taps her hands against the door as she sings, she moves slightly over the seat to look down to Theo and she gently sings the songs to him with her tender voice.

"It's the way i'm feeling i just can't deny...but i got to let it go...we found love in a hopeless place, we found love in a hopeless place...Jack notices Theo's reaction to her and he moves around. "You're so sweet baby boy, look at you looking at mommy, i'm gonna get you peanut...yup mommies going to get you" Jack plays with her baby kissing his little nose and Negan cracks up at how cute both of them are. The song plays out and the song switches to another song but Jack reaches to the stereo to turn it off realizing how tired she is but her stomach also growls. Negan holds Theo for a brief second before he starts to cry and it is the hungry cry.

"Here baby i think he wants to eat now he is making that hungry for mommies boobies face" Negan jokes as he hands the small baby to Jack and she cradles him against her exposed breasts so he can eat. "Damn i don't think either one of us can sleep in this fucking car anymore this fucker has got my backed messed the fuck up and it's like i am a tall ass guy this cramped car is just not ideal for me" Jack rolls her eyes at his petty complaints but she understands him and why he feels that way. That is one of things that is great about how their relationship works out the way it does.

Jack knows about Negan and his faults, she accepts them just like how he knows all about her and her bitchy side but he puts up with all of it because of the long standing love they have for one another. "I know baby, we will get out of this car soon but for now we just have to painfully endure this shit and fucking deal with this, and believe me i hate it in here too" Jack looks down to Theo as he sucks on her nipple and he is really chowing down. "Holy shit he is really fucking hungry...ouch he is like sucking hard"

Theo finally releases himself and Jack takes a deep breath and burps him. She falls asleep shortly after and she lays the sweet infant inside his basket watching how peaceful he looks with his chubby cheeks. Jack takes notice that his hair is getting fuller and he has grown a little, she thinks it has been two weeks since she had him now, but who knows. "What was up with that, he must have been extra hungry" Negan questions Jack and she doesn't know why either but she is so hungry herself she can't even think straight.

"I don't fucking know Negan, but what i do know is i am really hungry like fuck i could eat a damn bear" she jokes and goes to get out of the car with the small flashlight but Negan stops her. "What?"