Chapter 20 - Recovery

Here he is again, in the same position he was months ago after Jack was shot by one of his saviors. The pain of that night when he found her is still haunting his thoughts, but now she was kidnapped again and hit in the head by what he doesn't know. Jack lays inside this confined closet, hardly conscious from the strong blow to her head. This is hard to see her like this once again, and it's not okay. First priority is getting her out of here along with Theo now that he is safe in his daddies arms again. Negan has to figure out how to get Jack into their car, but he realizes that the car is back at the gas station, so now there is a problem.

"Okay, Theo i think we have to go get the car so we can save mommy and get out of here huh?" He talks to his son as he holds him close to his chest, supporting his head and body. The baby gets a little fussy, but Negan knows why and it's because he wants Jack, but she is passed out, coming in and out of sleep. "We got to hurry little man, so lets get the car what do you say? Theo just coos, his tiny hands in his mouth with some drool running down to Negan's shirt. "Well look at you little man, drooling all over daddy gettin' my shirt wet, it's okay though, say "i just want to eat daddy"

Negan keeps a hold of him, and he likes to talk to his baby boy, even though he can't understand a damn word he is saying. Having a little bit of a walk back to the car, Negan hurries along making sure he keeps Theo safe above all else. The plan is to drive back here quick as possible so he can get Jack out and away from here. He had filled the car up with gas, so they should be good to go on the road again hopefully finding shelter along the way. There is no giving up at all, there has to be a place, somewhere and Negan will find it.

Finally after quite the walk, Negan and Theo come across the car and he puts the sweet infant inside his basket while he gets into the car and drives the same way he has just walked. Getting Jack now is the top priority, she is hurt and cold so once again Negan is saving her life, which in this world he has to do a lot. That dreadful feeling of guilt washes over him, mostly because he left Jack out in the car, none of this would happen but at the time he has no idea that they were being watched, so he took the time to search for food and supplies and Jack had to stay with Theo.

But none of that is relevant now, he has to save her again and he would over and over again, always making sure that she is okay and his son is too. The car pulls up and he runs in as fast as his legs take him, he picks Jack up and gets her inside the car, making sure to cover her with a blanket so she warms up. Jack's eyes open a little only to see she is now inside the car and her head pounds horribly from the blow. Negan looks at her as she moves around trying to get comfy and her eyes close again, she wants to rest and recover for right now, knowing that Negan will keep her safe.

After making sure Jack is okay, Theo cries and since she is asleep he has hope that he is not hungry yet but just needs a diaper change. Negan leans back picking up his son to check the diaper and it's soaked through and shitty. "Okay little guy, lets get this cleaned up then we have to get back on the road" the proud father places him on the seat, changing his diaper before placing him back inside his basket. Now it's time to drive, and Negan keeps going and going till any place for some shelter comes into view.

Driving down the long road, Negan yawns as the late evening approaches and it gets harder to see things around him as he drives. He looks over to Jack to make sure she is snug and warm, and she seems to be comfy and peaceful. His hand reaches over to caress her face, moving her hair off her cute cheek, he is sure to keep his eyes on the road as he is not driving to fast. But he loves the way she looks right now, so beautiful and calm, he has the look of love in his eyes at this moment.

Negan puts both hands on the steering wheel, slowing down on the road till something catches his eyes. From what he can see is off the road a little way is some kind of large building, he has to slow down to get a better look. When he can see it more clearly, it is some kind of structure so he stops the car and waits for the time to check it out. Maybe in the morning he can scope things out, but for now he needs to get some rest while Jack and Theo are asleep. Negan is rather concerned about Jack and how bad her head has been hit, it is really worrying him not knowing if she has a serious concussion or memory loss.