Chapter 60 - Going Forward

Warm water and light suds are about to hit the skin of a girl who has just gone through a hell of a long night. Jack waits patiently for Negan to fill the tub and while Iris is asleep briefly, he wants to help his wife clean herself up and get cozy so she can recover. Her bodies in so much after labor pain and she's sore and tired, so this bath is much needed to help ease her body into relaxation. The bath tub is now full and the waters fairly warm, so some soap is added to help, it's a nice relaxing lavender soap that of course Negan got for Jack, he had a hard time finding it but since she loves the scent he got it for her and right now it's going to relax her senses so she can feel better and heal up real soon which she needs badly.

"Alright baby, the tub is full and soap is in are you ready?" Jack tries to move and winces, her legs hurt and her back is aching but she's in a hurry to get in that tub because she feels gross and wants to be clean so she can hold Iris. Before Jack fed her the first time, Negan quickly cleaned the baby up and dressed her in a blanket before Jack put clothes on her, and that was so she would be cuddly and he's just in love with his little girl already.

"Yeah, please help me I can hardly move yet" the girl whines out, and she tries to get up but it hurts so maybe after this bath and a few hours she will be okay just like she was with Theo. "I think if I take it easy I will be fine later, it just needs to wear off right now I am still feeling like I am in labor but it's just after birth affects. I had this with Theo too, so maybe this bath will help me" Negan comes over and picks his girl up and carries her to the tub, her cute feet hit the water first and she sinks down into the water, soaking in the feeling of it on her delicate skin.

Jack reaches for a washcloth, but her man takes it from her. "Let me help sweetheart, I got it" she smiles and just takes a deep breath, breathing in the scent of lavender which is her favorite smell besides roses and other flowers, which is why her newborn daughter is named after Irises and she thinks about calling her Iris Rose as a middle name, but Theo doesn't really have a middle name so she has to think of one to call him, when she gets that chance to think about it some. Negan takes the cloth and tries his best to help his wife. "I don't want to hurt you, so just let me know if this hurts okay, I'm gonna lift your legs up so I can wash off this blood and white film, what is that stuff anyways?" He asks being curious and it's just white stuff from the baby coming out, Iris had some on her too that he had cleaned off and Jack isn't sure what it's called, but who cares she's here and out of her belly now and that's what matters.

"I don't know babe, but go ahead just be careful it kind of hurts but I trust you with my life so I am sure I can trust you to wash my legs off" she tries to laugh but stops realizing the pain in her abdomen hurts still like she has a constant contraction and it's just her uterus shrinking down and soreness down below from the stretching. He lifts her leg lightly, and Jack hisses but he's gentle and washes carefully, scrubbing the light spots of blood off her skin, and he goes on to do the same with her other leg before her bottom half is done. He washes up her thighs and it hurts really bad there but he does it quick and sits back to take a break, and Jack wets her hair washing it lightly and then she grabs a hair tie to put her long hair into a wet bun.

"Well let's wash down your back, and then I guess we're done and I think Iris is waking up anyways, I can hear her making some noise, unless that's Theo" Negan has Jack move forward so he can massage down her back and wash the skin and it feels really good, thats where she has the worst pain so this makes her feel better and he gets done just in time for their screaming newborn to wake up. "See I told you, she's begging for mommy again" he laughs and runs to get her, so Jack can nurse her.

Jack take a breath and in comes Negan with her new baby girl, and she's absolutely beautiful, just breathtaking to her eyes and she's happy and blessed that this baby girl is here now.