Chapter 6 - Nothing Left

Back in Alexandria things have been rocky since Rick's death, Negan has been ignored the past four months not knowing anything has been hard. Gabriel visits him, and they usually discuss things with Negan being the wise cracking asshole he usually is. In the past four months Negan has gotten used to being in the cell, and he has since had a hair cut and beard trim. He wonders about Jack every minute of every day, and he knows that she is out there, and if his numbers are right with the days, she would have to be due by now.

Little does he know, overnight she became a mom to his son, the son he will never know about. Gabriel sits inside the cell with Negan, as they talk back and forth, about random things. This is a regular occurence, as Gabriel thinks he is helping the man in some way, and Negan mostly opens up about Jack, and how he misses her terribly, and Gabriel can understand the sorrow he feels, and the remorse he has towards his past. The evil things he had done, Negan does not regret them, but he regrets losing Jack and his baby.

Gabriel tries to get him to focus on his own thought and not the stuff going on outside his cell, and it does not work. "You know what screw it, my mind generally goes right to that place, that would blush the colar right off of you" he sighs deeply and throws a baseball across his small, confined cell. "Although, now that you and Rosita are a thing. I mean ....hot damn"

"I want to understand why you do this. You clearly want help, i can see you trying" the priest speaks out lowly.

"Yeah. Maybe we cooked it up. Chewed it up, and shat it out already. Maybe this is all we get, i mean i have been without my girl for 6 months now, been in this fucking cell that long. And not a damn word on her either, that is fucked up"

"So you feel you don't get any benefit from our sessions?"

"Well it just reminds me that another week without Jack has passed and she is most likely about to give birth to my child, so that is nice to know that feeling of never meeting your child, so other than that... don't take it personally, i know i'm never getting out of here but i do appreciate you coming to help me, and don't worry this little window here is better than the damn tv and i loved me the fuck out of some tv back when, you know we had tvs" he chuckles.

After hearing him talk about Rosita, Gabriel leaves telling Negan that he will be back next week, and Negan is once again alone in his thoughts, which gives him time to think, just to think about everything. A little while later, Gabriel comes back to clean his cell, also to take care of his bedpan that he has to use, to his dismay they don't allow him any type of plumbing. Negan gets cuffed to the bars like a wild animal, as he comes in to pick up the bedpan, Negan can't help but taunt him.

"You know i get a lot of time to myself to read and i read something fascinating, the other day" Negan goes on about the smell of his shit, and Gabriel has had enough as the man mocks him at every chance he gets.

"Shut up"

"I'm sorry, i just never know which one of your eyes i should look at, it's a little distracting"

"Just shut up. For once in your life shut your damn mouth" Gabriel blurts out angrily. The two men talk and he explains things going on and he leaves in a huff. Hours later Negan sits inside his cell in the dark, and he contemplates his thoughts as he throws his tennis ball around. It lands outside the bars and he takes notice that the wind is blowing his cell door.

Getting up he walks over and opens it right up, picks the ball up. He thinks about it, and drops the ball realizing that he is free and he has to find Jack, and now. So he plans to get out, and find her. He makes his way up the stairs into the dark town, lurking around he finds some tomatoes to eat and he makes his way to the gate as early morning arrives. Negan finds Rick's house, and he enters his room and finds a compass and some new clothes and boots.