2 - Maria

"Yo, I'll be back

"Yo, I'll be back. I have to go pick up Bella from the mall."

The homies nodded at me and continued drinking and smoking. I hopped into my impala and drove up the street. I saw Cesar walking towards the house, so I pulled over near him. "Aye, get in fool."

He hopped in and looked out the window. I know he didn't want to talk to me after last night. I know he was still upset and confused about things. Last night, me and the homies finally jumped him into Los Santos. No, I didn't want him in it but it was the only way that I could ensure his safety. Nobody would just flat out fuck with him now. He was protected. Always.

"Look, I know you're mad at me but..." I stopped talking when I slammed on brakes. His crazy ass little girlfriend had walked into the road, directly in front of the car. "Aye, you crazy!" 

She walked over to my window and leaned down. "I, uh, just wanted to let Cesar know I'm back." I smiled at her, "And looking like a fine ass hyna."

"An underaged hyna." She retorted. I shrugged my shoulders, "Not for some. It's all good, you just look at little different. What is it?"

"My boobs." She said giving me a condescending smirk.

"Nah. You got your braces off." I said laughing at her and driving off.

Cesar looked all freaked out.

"Don't stress homie. I know you claimed her." I told him to calm him down.

He looked over at me, "Where are we going?"

"I have to pick up Bella from the mall."

Cesar rolled his eyes, "She went shopping, AGAIN?"

I sighed, "Yeah." I didn't argue. Bella did do a lot of fucking shopping. She was spoiled as hell. I had nobody to blame but myself.

We pulled up to the mall and got out. "Meet me back here in thirty minutes." 

Cesar nodded and pulled out his phone. Probably calling Monse. I walked into the mall to meet up with Bella. I walked into Foot Locker first to cop some new shoes. 

"Hi, can I help you?" I knew they would greet me as soon as I came in. They always stayed on me, the cholo. Didn't want me stealing anything. Little did they know, I could afford to buy every pair of shoes they had in this motherfucking store. Twice.

"Yeah, you got these in a 10?"

The guy nodded and walked into the back. I sat down to wait to try  them on. I looked around at some of the new stuff they had, when a couple walked in. I recognized the guy, Rico, he copped from me every once in a while. I knew he had a girl but I've never seen her before today. She was fucking beautiful too. I see why he kept her to himself. I stood up and walked over to him.

"What's good Rico?" I reached out and he dapped me up. "Hey Spooky. What you doing here?"

I shrugged, "Just copping a few new pairs." I looked at his girl, "What about you?" She never looked at me, she tried to keep her focus on Rico or the shoes. Rico saw me look over at her and frowned a little. "Not much, just shopping with my wife."

Oh, so they're married. Too bad I don't see a ring though.

I nodded, "True, that's what's up." I turned to her. "Nice to meet you, uh?"

She tensed up and moved behind Rico. He turned to her and whispered in her ear. She moved back out from behind him, "My name is Maria."

She looked down at the floor the entire time. I reached out and took her hand in mine and kissed it. "Nice to meet you Maria." She looked up at me, surprised by my action. Rico looked mad as fuck, but I didn't care. He wasn't going to do shit. We stared at each other for a little too long. Rico reached out and grabbed her arm pulling her back. "Well, we got to go."

I nodded. "Okay, I'll catch you later."

He waved at me as he pretty much drug his girl out into the mall. Damn, I know vatos be scared of me taking their girl but he ain't have to do all that. She barely wanted to speak. She was beautiful though. 

"Here you go sir." The employee came over with my shoes. I tried them on. I liked the way these fit and they went with what I had on. "I'll take these, and I'll wear them out."

He nodded and walked over to the register to ring me up. After paying and getting my bag I walked back into the mall to meet Bella. I walked down towards the food court. Once I got there I frowned hard as hell. Bella was standing there smiling in some fucking pendejos face. She was giggling and shit and twirling her hair. I walked over and stood next to her, glaring at the guy. 

"Oh hey baby." She said once she realized it was me. "This is Sonny. He was asking me if I'm into modeling." 

"Is that so?" I said mugging the hell out of him. She nodded, "Yeah."

"And what kind of modeling?" I asked him. 

He smirked, "I mean, whatever kind of modeling she's into."

"What?!" I reached behind me into my waistband and pulled out my glock. "What the fuck does that mean?!"

Bella opened her eyes wide in shock. "Oscar, what are you doing?"

I looked down at her, "He's just trying to talk you into fucking him!" She shook her head, "Oscar it's not like that. He's a legit talent agent."

I looked back at the guy. He was shaking hard as fuck. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a card. "It's true. See."

I snatched the card and threw it down on the ground. "Stay away from my girl."

He nodded his head fast and ran away. I put my gun back up. "Let's fucking go." I was pissed now. I just wanted to take her ass home and go back home to kick it with the homies.

Bella had to practically run to keep up with me. We made it to the car. Cesar was already in the backseat. I revved the engine and pulled off. I didn't say anything to her the entire drive to her house.

When I pulled up to her house, she got out and slammed the door. I gripped the steering wheel and ran my hand down my face. 

This puta.

I know she wanted me to chase after her but instead I just sped off. I would handle her later tonight.

As I pulled back up to the house I saw Rico pulling in across the street. He walked over to the passenger side of the car and grabbed Maria out of the car by her arm. I frowned. She looked like she had been crying.

I got out of the car and walked up to the house, taking a seat on the stairs. I lit a cigarette. Benito handed me a 40 and I took a few sips. 

Something wasn't right about Rico and Maria's relationship. 

But shit it wasn't my business.

I took a few more sips of my 40. Then I heard screaming from Rico's house.

Fuck, today it's going to be my business.