27 - Run

I sat at the top of the staircase and listened to Naeem give beer after beer to Marlon

I sat at the top of the staircase and listened to Naeem give beer after beer to Marlon. He was so drunk. After another few minutes I finally heard Naeem at the end of the staircase. He whispered up to me. "Maria, Maria come on."

I stood up and walked down the stairs. He smiled at me. "You really are as beautiful as they say." I smiled. "Thank you." He nodded. "Is it true? About Spooky?" I frowned. "They talk about how in love he is with you. Is it true?" I looked down and smiled thinking about him. Then I looked back up at Naeem. "I certainly hope so." 

Naeem looked into the living room and then back at me. "Okay. You need to go." I opened up the door and started walking out, then Naeem stopped me. "Be careful Maria." I nodded. "I will." I took off and started running. I ran down the street and stopped into the bodega a few blocks away. I went inside and caught my breath. I had to go somewhere. I couldn't be out in the open for long. If I stayed out in the open I risked being spotted by one of the prophets. I didn't know where to go though. I couldn't go to Oscar's house. I didn't know anyone else. Except for Lorenzo's tacoria. I could go there, he would keep me safe until I could get to Oscar.

I left the bodega and started walking down the street. As I walked I felt eyes on me. I started looking around. Maybe I'm just being paranoid. Or maybe not, most of the people standing around on the street corners had on green. A prophet color. I think I made the mistake of running to the wrong side of Freeridge. 

"What's up little mama? What's with the La femme nikita look you got going on?" 

I ignored the guys comment. He was standing on the corner with two other guys. They were all wearing jeans and green hoodies. I started walking a little faster. 

"So you gonna act like that? All stuck up and shit." They all laughed and then went back to the conversation they were having before they saw me.

I let out a deep breath. I kept walking when suddenly my view went dark. Someone had covered my head with a black cover or sack of some sort. They grabbed me up and put me into the back of a van or a truck. I wasn't sure because I couldn't see. They started tying up my hands and my legs. I was so scared. I think the prophets must have found me. 

I could overhear them talking. 

"Now what?" 

"Now we take her to the other safe house and wait to see what Markus wants to do. Now that we've got her, he doesn't even have to pay Rico's bitch ass."

I started crying. It was them. They got me and I had no idea where I was or where they were taking me. They had me and Oscar didn't know where I was. I would probably never see him again.

After a while the van stopped. I heard them arguing some and then the door opened. They pulled me out and walked me into a house. When we got inside they sat me in a chair and tied me to it. Then they took the bag off of my head. There were two men there with me. They looked at me and smiled. 

"Damn. Yo she is fine as shit! She's gonna make a lot of money on pimp lane." One of the guys said looking at me up and down. "Yeah, as long as Markus gets this shit done quick. If not Spooky is gonna kill all of us." The other guy nodded. "Yeah, if my girl was this fine, I'd kill any nigga that laid a hand on her." 

The other guy scoffed. "If you would kill a nigga over her, imagine what the fuck Spooky would do over her." They both look a little shook thinking about it. One of the guys left and the other guy pulled up a chair next to me. "I'm lucky. I get first watch with you sexy."

I looked at him and I know he could see the fear in my eyes. He seemed to like it. "You scared?" I nodded quickly. He laughed. "Don't be scared. I won't hurt you. Unless you like that type of shit." He moved closer to me and ran his hands down my hair. He wrapped my hair up in his hand and pulled it back harshly. I whimpered from the pain and felt tears running down my face. "What's yo body count?"

I frowned a little and shook my head confused. He looked at me. "Like, how many men you done fucked in yo lifetime." "Two."

"Two?" 

I nodded. 

"Who? Rico and Spooky?"

I nodded. He smiled. "Damn. I know that pussy tight then." He grabbed my thigh and bit his lip. I closed my eyes and tried to shut out all of the fear that was running through me. But that didn't work. I was so scared. I didn't know what was going to happen to me. He pulled out a knife and pointed it towards me. I shook my head. "No! Please. Don't kill me." He laughed. "Kill you? Nah baby that's the last thing on my mind." He took the knife and cut at my hoodie. Cutting slits up each side so that he was able to take it off of me. Once he got it off he licked his lips as he looked at me with my bra exposed. He ran his hands down my back and around to my chest. Then he ran his hand down my collarbone, over to my shoulder. Sliding down my bra strap as he did. I cried even harder now. He was going to rape me and there was nothing I could do about it.

______________________________________