56 - First Fight

I took a deep breath and held onto Maria's hands tightly

I took a deep breath and held onto Maria's hands tightly. I know she was emotionally raw right now, but I had to get this off of my chest. 

"Maria something happened while you were gone." She looked up at me with those big brown eyes. She looked worried. "Did something happen to you? Are you okay?" I nodded my head. "I'm okay. It's something that I let happen that I shouldn't have."

I felt like shit looking at her, knowing what I'm about to tell her. Knowing that my next words could very well destroy her. But I couldn't keep this from her. I wouldn't. I care about her too much to do that.

"Do you remember the welcome home party the Santos threw for us when we made it out of the hospital?" She nodded, "Of course. It's not really something that I can forget."

I could see something there in her eyes when she spoke. Like she already knew what was coming. "There was a girl there."

She looked away from me when I started speaking again. "Lucia."I said her name and then Maria pulled her hands away from me. I felt her pulling away from me. Not just physically, but emotionally. I could feel tears forming in my eyes. Not because of how I felt, but because of how I know this was going to make Maria feel. "Was it the girl who danced with you?" I nodded my head, "Yes." I could see her chest rising and falling more quickly now. She was fighting back her tears.

"Maria I'm so sorry." 

Maria's eyes were filled with tears when she looked back at me. "Oscar?" I reached out for her but she pulled back. "Did you have sex with her?" I shook my head, "No." She frowned up and shook her head, giving me a confused look. "Maria, I, I didn't know. I thought she was you."

"What are you talking about Oscar?"

"She was here. In our house when I came back. I had been drinking with the guys before I got back home and I wanted to see you Maria. I hurried home for you mamita." I swallowed before telling her the rest. "When I got home I called out for you. I went into our room and fell onto the bed. Then I felt hands on me and I swore it was you." I took another pause, "But then when she put me into her mouth."

Maria's eyes went wide and she stood up. She wrapped her arms around herself and walked into the kitchen. I got up and followed her. "Maria?" I said softly. She shook her head and I could hear her crying. "I don't want to hear anymore Oscar." "But baby, please, I didn't know it was her. I thought it was you." She shook her head and turned around. Her eyes were filled with tears and her little nose was red. I just wanted to pull her into me and hold her. But when I reached out for her she swatted my hand away. 

"Why? Why did you let her do that?!" Just the look on Maria's face as she asked me that killed me. I never wanted to see her hurt. I felt a pain in my chest as I looked at her and couldn't hold her. All I could do was watch her as this pain played across her face. "Why Oscar? Is it because she's prettier than me? Because she dresses so sexy? Is that it?! Or was it because she danced on you like she did!?" 

I shook my head and frowned. "Maria No! What happened was an accident. She should have never been in our house." I sighed, "Maria she will never be prettier than you! And I don't care how she dresses, Maria you are my everything!" "The why did you let her dance on you!?" I was shocked by how loud she was getting. Maria never yelled. She never really raised her voice. "That was completely my fault. I should have stopped her." She walked up to me and hit me. "Then why didn't you!?" 

I grabbed her and pulled her into me. "Maria I'm sorry. I was stupid and I put myself into that situation. I wasn't thinking right. I was, I don't know. I wasn't thinking." I felt my shirt getting wet from her tears. She was crying so hard. I could feel her trying to pull away from me but I wouldn't let her. "Maria I love you. I'm so fucking sorry. I swear I am." I started crying now, I could feel my tears running down my face. "I fucked up and I'm so sorry mamita." 

She fought me as hard as she could and finally got out of my grasp. She looked up at me with an expression of hurt that killed me inside. Then she turned and ran into our room and slammed the door. I wanted to go after her. To hold her and tell her I was sorry. But I know she needed to be alone for a little while. 

I wiped my tears and walked over to the couch. I sat there and just stared out at the black tv screen. How could I hurt her like that? Why didn't I stop Lucia when she was dancing on me at the party? 

__________________________________

Maria and Oscar's first fight 

How do you guys feel?

Will they be okay?