22 - Hurtful Information

"Sorry Spooky, but this fucking idiot tried to fight Rico and my dumb ass sister was the one who talked him into it

"Sorry Spooky, but this fucking idiot tried to fight Rico and my dumb ass sister was the one who talked him into it."

I looked from Angel to Santi, who was sitting down holding ice to his hand.

"What?!"

Leana stepped over to Santi. "Spooky it was my fault really. I kind of talked him into it. See we where out back um, talking." She said looking over at Angel. "And I asked Santi what he would do if I would have been in a situation like Maria."

Angel sat up, "That would never fucking happen!" Leana nodded. "I know, it was just hypothetical. Anyways, Santi got really mad thinking about it and then he wanted to hurt Rico for what he said he was going to do to Maria."

"He said he would do what to me?"

I turned around and saw Maria unsteadily walking out of my room. I rushed over to her and helped her sit down. "Maria, you should be laying down bebesita." She shook her head. "I couldn't go back to sleep without you." She turned back to Leana. "What were you saying about Rico?"

I looked over at Leana and shook my head with my eyes wide, making sure Maria couldn't see me do it.

"Can you all give us a minute?"

Everyone nodded and got up. They headed outside and closed the door. I sat down in front of Maria. I held her hands in mine. "I have to let you hear something. It's not going to be easy to hear, okay?"

She looked scared, but she nodded her head slowly. 

I hesitated for a moment. I hated doing this. Her big brown eyes looked at me and I didn't want to see any pain in them.

Ever.

But I knew this was going to cause her pain and I had to do it.

I pulled out the recorder the Christian left over here. I looked at her one more time and then pressed play. I held onto her hands tight and stared at her as she listened.

She frowned up as soon as she heard Rico's voice. Then she frowned up even more when she realized Rico had used the info he knew to have the prophets rob us. When she heard her name she looked at me confused. But when she heard them discuss what Markus had planned for her she pulled her hands from mine and covered her mouth. She started trembling and crying and shaking her head. 

I got up and knelt down in front of her. Pulling her into my arms and hugging her tight.

"How could he do that to me Oscar?!" She was crying so hard. "Hasn't he done enough?!" She fought to speak through her sobs. I held her and rocked her. "He ain't shit Maria. He's going to get what's coming to him. I promise you." 

She kept crying into my chest. "I did everything for him Oscar, everything!" "I know baby, I know."

Santi walked inside. "Hey Spooky."

"Not now Santi!" "Spooky, uh, the police are out front. Rico's with them. He's saying you kidnapped Maria."

"What?!" I looked at Maria. "Baby I need to go handle this real quick." I stood up. "Stay inside."

She nodded.

______________________________________

My heart broke for Maria when she had to hear that shit

Rico ain't shit

Now he want to call the police????