38 - Oscar or Spooky

Oscar had been out of surgery for about an hour and a half now

Oscar had been out of surgery for about an hour and a half now. Maria was still in surgery. The doctors still haven't told us anything about her or the baby. I was fucked up. Emotionally. I can't lose another family member. Oscar was all I had left. 

Angel stood up. Then we all did as a doctor came into the waiting room. He looked around until he found me. "Cesar?" I nodded. "Yes, that's me." "Your brother is finally awake. He's asking for you and Maria." My face dropped. "I didn't tell him about her being in surgery. I figured you would want to tell him that information." I nodded. "Thank you." "Since he is freshly out of surgery I can allow two of you back at a time to visit him. Please, do your best to keep him calm. He has fresh wounds and stitches and we don't want any of them to come undone." 

I nodded and turned to Angel. He walked up to me and nodded. We both turned to Santi and Leana, who had moved next to each other. "We'll be back." We followed the doctor to the room that Oscar was in. I walked in first and smiled when I saw Oscar sitting up in the bed watching t.v. Angel followed after me and smiled too. 

Oscar turned to see us and smiled but then his smile dropped. "Where's Maria?" 

I turned to Angel and Angel took a deep breath. 

Oscar frowned. "Where is she? Is she okay?" Angel pulled up a chair next to Oscar. "Oscar she's okay." Oscar shook his head. "Okay, well where is she?" I saw Angel swallow before speaking again. "She's in surgery." 

Oscar frowned up hard. "What?! Why?!" He started to sit up in his bed. I walked over to Oscar. "Mano you have to stay calm okay. You still have fresh stitches." Oscar tried to even his breaths. But I could tell it was hard. He looked up at me. "Is she okay?" I nodded. "We think so." "What about the baby?" "We don't know yet."

Oscar started taking the cords and needles out of his arms and taking his covers off. I started freaking out and so did Angel. "Whoa Oscar, what the fuck are you doing?" "I'm going to see her. I'm going to make sure she's okay." I watched as Oscar tried to stand up out of the bed. He had on one of those hospital gowns so when he stood up all I saw was his back and his ass. I covered up my eyes. "Mano, your entire ass is out."

"Then don't fucking look." 

He grabbed onto the rails of his bed as he tried to steady himself. Angel grabbed him and held him up. "Help me to the door Angel." "No can do compa. You need to stay in this bed." "I need to fucking check on Maria!" Angel moved him back towards the bed. "She's still in surgery Spooky. Just sit down." 

"No! Fuck you! Move out of my fucking way!"

I walked over and stood in front of him. "Oscar we're trying to help you." "Yeah?! Help me?! Then move out of my way and let me go check on her." 

A nurse rushed into the room and her eyes went wide when she saw Oscar standing up. "Mr. Diaz you have to lay back down. Why are you up?" "I need to check on Maria." She shook her head and frowned slightly. "Who?"

Me and Angel looked at each other. Angel grabbed Oscar as he lunged towards the nurse. She backed up and shrieked some. I walked over to her. "You should probably give us a few minutes to calm him down." She nodded and rushed out of the room. I turned to Oscar. "Mano, you have to chill. Yes! Maria is in surgery, but do you want to rush in their scaring everyone, including her? Do you want the first person for Maria to see when she gets out of surgery to be Oscar or Spooky?" 

He stopped moving and looked at me. After a few minutes he sat back down on the bed. He stared at the floor for a while and then looked up at me. "I want her to see Oscar."

I nodded. "Okay." I walked over and sat next to him. "So, be Oscar."

He looked over at me and gave me small smile. "Since when did you become so wise, huh?" I shrugged. "Since my brother showed me he could be different. That he actually has emotions." He smiled and I reached over and gave him a hug. We both looked over to Angel when we heard him sniffling.

Angel wiped his eyes quickly. "What? I've got emotions too."

Me and Oscar laughed. 

"Ha ha." Angel said. "Now get your ass back in that bed. Maria will be out of surgery before you know it."

Oscar nodded and laid back down in the bed. "I can't wait to see her. I miss her."

"We know. We do too."

_____________________________________________