10 - Stressed

Everyone was taking turns to visit Angel since we were only allowed to go back three at a time

Everyone was taking turns to visit Angel since we were only allowed to go back three at a time. I walked into his room with Santi and Leana. Santi was holding Leana's hand as they walked closer to Angel. Angel was sitting up in his bed eating dinner.

When he saw us his face lit up with a smile, until he looked down at Santi holding his little sister's hand. 

"Yo, what the fuck?! Why are you holding Leana's hand?"

Santi took a deep breath before speaking. He rubbed the back of his neck with his free hand, "Look Angel, I , well Leana and I have been kind of seeing each other."

Angel frowned, "You what?!"

"Angel calm down please." Leana said. "I tried to tell you but you were always busy with Santos stuff."

"Yeah, because this Santos stuff is what pays the bills!"

"And also what almost got you killed!" Leana started crying into Santi's chest and he held her close.

"You two can leave. This shit is stressing me out." Angel snapped at them.

Santi looked at me and I just nodded a little, telling him to go. Once they left Angel pushed his food away and looked over at me. "Can you believe them?"

I nodded, "Actually, yes." 

He frowned at me.

"I mean, we all love Leana like she was our own sister. You know that we would all kill for her, but Santi really loves her. I kind of like them together. I think you should let them be together. Santi is a good dude, and you know that."

Angel looked away. I know he was still mad, but I knew I was telling the truth. He slowly nodded. "Yeah, Santi is a good guy. I'm just really protective of Leana, you know?"

I nodded, "I know." I usually wouldn't care about shit like this, but hanging around Maria really made me start to take into consideration what other people were going through. 

Angel sighed, "Can you call Santi and tell him to come back so I can talk to them."

I nodded and reached into my pocket to grab my phone. I frowned, I didn't feel it. I reached into my other pocket. Not there either. "Shit. I left my phone."

I walked up to Angel, "I'm glad you're okay homie. I have to go but I'll be back. I'll tell Santi and Leana to come back so you guys can talk." 

He nodded. 

I walked out into the waiting room and told Santi and Leana to go back.

"Hey Tony, I got to go back to the house. I left my phone. Then I need to stop by the stash house, you riding?"

Tony looked over at the nurse that was standing at the nurse's station smiling at him. "Nah, I think I'll stay here."

I laughed, "See you later fool."

I took the elevator back down to the entrance and walked out towards the parking lot. Once I got to my car I looked up and saw him. Rico. He was about to go into the hospital. I reached back and put my hand on my glock. I was about to pull it out until I realized all of the hospital security that was around, mostly looking at me already. I lowered my hand and put my shirt back over my glock. I got into my car slamming the door behind me. I ran my hand down my face and hit my steering wheel over and over. He had to die for what he did to Maria.

I started up the car and quickly drove home, just to be pissed all over again. Bella's car was parked out front. 

I parked and walked inside. Once inside I immediately had to duck down to avoid being hit in the face with Bella's heel. I looked down at the red bottom heel, then at her. "Hey! You crazy?!"

"Who the fuck is Maria Oscar?!" She was holding my phone in her hands. Fuck.

"A friend."

She scoffed, "Since when do you ask your friends what they're wearing?"

I sighed, "Bella, I don't have time for this shit. One of our stash houses were hit and Angel got shot."

Her face dropped, "Is he okay?"

I nodded, "Yeah, he is. But as you can see I have a lot of shit going on right now. So can I get my phone please?"

She nodded and handed it over to me. I checked my call logs and text messages. Bella picked up her shoe and put it back on. "Well, I was really really mad at you Oscar. Until I saw the last texts that she sent you. Looks like she doesn't want to talk to you anymore."

I frowned and pulled up Maria's text thread. 'you're a cholo and I hate you'

Why would she say something like that?

Was this how she felt?

I couldn't think about that right now though. We had to figure out how to recover that weight.

"Look, Bella, I got to go. You can stay here or leave. I don't really care."

She nodded. 

I grabbed a few guns from under my bed, threw them in a duffel bag and walked out the door to my car. I called Benny as I drove to the stash house.

"Que paso?"

"Benny, how is it looking?"

"We figured out which Prophet shot Angel. Some pendejo named Ocho."

"Okay good. Find him and bring him to me. What about the product?"

"Still no word on it yet."

"Okay. I'll see you in a little while."

"Okay." 

I hung up. As much shit as I had going on, the thing that was fucking with me the most was those text messages from Maria. There's no way she sent those. Maria wouldn't say those types of things. Especially not to me.

Right?