33 - Unexpected

The next morning I woke up to the smell of eggs, bacon and french toast

The next morning I woke up to the smell of eggs, bacon and french toast. I sat up, stretching and looking into the kitchen. Maria was up making breakfast. I got up from the couch and walked into the kitchen. Wrapping my arms around her waist, I kissed her neck. "Buenos dias Oscar." "Buenos dias hermosa. This food smells so good." She smiled and turned around in my arms. "Oscar I need to talk to you." I nodded. "What is it? What's wrong?" 

She looked down and then eventually back up at my face. "I need to go somewhere today. To do something you may not agree with." I frowned a little. "Where muñeca?" She took a deep breath. "The abortion clinic." Tears immediately welled into her eyes as she spoke. I felt her start to tremble in my hands. I took a deep breath and looked away. An abortion. She wanted to get rid of the baby. I guess I don't blame her. This wasn't a baby made from love. And if she had the baby, she'd be constantly reminded of Rico and everything he put her through. I nodded. "I'll take you." She hugged me tightly. "Thank you Oscar." After a few minutes she pulled back and wiped her eyes. "Sit down, I'll make you a plate." She said. I nodded and sat down at the table. 

She came over to the table and sat down a big plate of food in front of me. "I made eggs, bacon, and french toast with fresh strawberry syrup." "This looks amazing. Thank you. But I get to cook dinner tonight, okay?" She nodded and sat down at the table smiling. We ate and talked about what I would cook for dinner. Then we both showered and got dressed. 

I kissed her hand as I helped her into the car. I was nervous and scared and I could tell she was too. I didn't really know how these things went but I just wanted to make sure she knew that I was here for her through it all. 

We pulled up to the building and parked. Once we got out we were bombarded by people that were standing outside with picket signs and flyers. They were shouting all kinds of things. I kept Maria close to me. But they were getting a little too close. I stopped briefly and pulled up my shirt to expose my glock and everyone scattered. Maria looked up at me and shook her head. "They were getting too close to you." We walked inside and Maria signed in. 

Then we took a seat near the back of the waiting room. I held onto her hand the entire time. She was so nervous she was slightly shaking. I turned to her. "You don't have to do this if you don't want to." She shook her head. "I have to. I don't want anything tying me to Rico anymore." I nodded. "Okay."

"Maria Espinoza!" A nurse called out.

Maria looked at me and took a deep breath. "Okay. Here goes nothing." I stood up with her and pulled her to me. I gave her a long kiss before letting her go. "I'm right out here if you need me okay." She nodded and walked to the back with the nurse. I swallowed and walked up to the sign in area. The receptionist looked up and smiled at me. "Can I help you?" "Yeah, uh, is she going to be okay?" "She's going to be fine. She's in good hands, I promise." I nodded. "Did you two make this decision together?" I shook my head. "Oh, no. The baby isn't mine." "Oh. I'm sorry. I thought." "It's okay." "Well, the good thing is she came in really early so they should be able to just prescribe a pill to handle everything."

I frowned. "Really? Even at like 2 months along?"

"Two months? Maria is only a few weeks along. Now if she was two months then we'd be having a different conversation."

I frowned hard. "A few weeks?" Then my eyes shot open wide. "I need to get back there. Open the door now! Tell them to stop!" "Sir, I can only let you back there if you're the father. I'm sorry." "I AM THE FATHER! OPEN THE DOOR!" 

The nurse buzzed the door open and I ran to the back. I didn't know which room she was in but I had to find her quick. "Maria! MARIA!" 

A doctor came out of a room. "Sir we're going to have to ask you to be quiet." "What room is Maria Espinoza in!?" 

"Oscar? Oscar what's wrong?"

I turned around and saw Maria standing in the doorway of a room. She was looking at me giving me a confused look. I ran up to her. "Did they give you anything? Did you do anything? Maria answer me!" 

She shook her head. "No. No, we  haven't started anything yet. Why, what's wrong?"

"Maria it's my baby! Not Rico's!"

She frowned and looked confused. "What?"

"The nurse, she said you're only a few weeks along. That can't be Rico's baby. That's our baby Maria. Ours!"

Maria started crying. "Oh my God! Are you serious?!" I nodded and pulled her into me. "Yes! Maria you're having my baby!" I felt tears coming down my eyes as I held her tight. 

"So, should we cancel this appointment?" The nurse asked.

I nodded. "Hell yeah. Cancel it." I looked down at Maria who was still crying. "Let's go baby." She nodded and we walked back out to the car. Before we got into the car I turned her around to look at me. "Maria, I love you so much. I'm so fucking happy right now." She smiled through her tears. "Oscar me too! I, I don't even know what to say. It's like my prayers have been answered. Not only am I not pregnant by Rico, but I am pregnant by the man that I'm in love with. I love you so much Oscar." I leaned in and kissed her. "I love you too Maria!" I opened the door for her and helped her in. I got in on the drivers side and started the car.

"I can't wait to tell all the homies!"

_____________________________________________________

OMG! Did anybody see that coming?????

Daddy Spooky!

But he's still got a greenlight on him right now and Markus wants blood