34 - Fatal Love

Maria was in the bathroom taking a shower

Maria was in the bathroom taking a shower. We just returned from the clinic. My face was hurting from how hard I smiled the entire ride home. We held hands, as I held the steering wheel with the other hand and Maria held her stomach with her other hand. 

Maria is pregnant and the baby is mine. 

I don't know if anything else in the world mattered right now.

I listened as the water was turned off in the bathroom. Maria would dry herself off, put on one of my t-shirts and get into the bed with me. That's the only thing left to make this day perfect. About ten minutes had passed now since she turned off the water, so she would be coming out any minute. I quickly closed the box in my hands and hid it back underneath my mattress. Maria opened the door and walked out in my shirt with her hair pulled up in a messy bun. I was in awe of how beautiful this woman was. She was so pure and she loved me. Me, Oscar Spooky Diaz. Cold blooded leader of the Santos. Killer, drug-dealer and felon. But none of that mattered to her. She loved me for me. Not for what I was know for.

She smiled at me and got into the bed next to me. "Oscar I feel like this baby is the beginning of so many great things for us." I nodded at her statement. "I feel the same way hermosa. Just promise me one thing." She turned to me and smiled. "Anything."

"Promise me that you'll always look at me with that look."

She frowned. "Huh?"

"You look at me like I'm your hero. Like I could never anything wrong in your eyes."

She placed her hand on my face gently. "Of course. Oscar you ARE my hero. And in my eyes, you could never do anything that I couldn't forgive." I grabbed her hand and kissed it. "Maria, I've never been so fucking happy." I wrapped my arm around her waist and pulled her close to me. "Maria?" "Yes?"

Before I could speak another word I heard the loud pounding of someone banging on my front door. Maria's eyes shot open with fear. I cupped her face with my hands. "Stay here. Okay?" She nodded and started to shake a little. "It's okay. Whoever it is, I'll just send them on their way. And then we can go back to this, okay?" She nodded. But I know she was scared as hell. I still had a greenlight on me. 

I got out of the bed and reached underneath for my glock. I cocked it and walked out of the room. Closing the door behind me. To say that I wasn't afraid of who or what was at the door was an understatement. I couldn't afford to have anything happen to me right now. If anything happened to me, Maria would be stuck raising our baby on her own. She'd have the Santos there for her, but that's not the same thing.

I approached to door slowly and tried to peek out of the peep hole. "Who is it?" I shouted. 

"MARKUS SAID PAYBACK IS A BITCH!!!"  Those were the only words I heard before I was blown across the living room and into the kitchen counter. My body hit the counter and I fell forward from the impact. Through the loud ringing in my ears I could hear tires screeching away. Whoever just shot me, left. Fucking cowards. I did my best to fight to breath through the pain. My eyes were tearing up from the pain as I struggled to turn over onto my back. Once I flipped myself over I looked behind me to see a huge hole blown into my front door. The putos shot me through the damn door. Too fucking scared to even make a direct play at me. My breathing was staggered and my vision was becoming blurry.

The only thing I could think of was Maria. Did they get to her? Did they take her? Did she hear the gunshot? 

I felt my shirt growing increasingly wet as the blood from the shot spread. I swallowed painfully and tried to reach for my phone. There was pain shooting through my entire body, all radiating from my chest. From the point of contact from the bullets. They had shot me with a buckshot shotgun. I had small pellets spread throughout my chest. Breathing was becoming more and more difficult to do. This was it. This is how Spooky gets got. They fucking got me. I hope Maria tells our child about me. I hope she tells our child how much I loved her. 

Maria.

I love you.

____________________________________________________

THE END

LOL JUST KIDDING

BUT OSCAR GETTING SHOT THOUGH, OMG!!!!