The Closet

Trigger warning: Implication of self harm

"So this was her plan?" Beej slurred out. He smelled of vodka and there were tears starting to form in his eyes. I immediately panicked.

"Wh-whoa hey, what's wrong?" I felt my brow furrow.

"I....I don't know. I'm..."

"What?" He looked up and into my eyes. My sight was beginning to adjust to the limited light coming from the seams of the door.

"I....I'm sorry." Tears started rolling down his cheeks.

"H-hey, it's...it's okay." I'm not good at comforting people. "I'm sorry too." my eyes started to sting for some reason.

"You're crying, (Y/N), are you okay?"

I didn't even notice. My heart sped up and I broke down. My head fell and I cried into my hands. Jesus, I'm drunk. I tried to speak but couldn't. I shook my head.

"Hey... it's okay. I'm here. I'm here, (Y/N)."

I felt warmth suddenly surrounding me and I opened my eyes. He was hugging me. I felt the instinct to crack a joke at him but I couldn't. I wrapped my arms around his neck and buried my face into his neck.

"Thank you, Beej."

"Don't thank me. I'm the reason you're crying."

"No, I did this to myself...." I thought for a second to why we were even fighting. "You know I don't hate you right?"

He stopped hugging me to look into my eyes. His arms stayed around my waist despite not being in the embrace.

"(Y/N) I care about you a lot." more tears welled up in his eyes which made me pull him close again.

"Beej I care about you too." I spoke quietly and he squeezed me tighter.

He looked me in the eyes again and put his hand on my cheek, wiping away my tears. His sleeve fell up as he did so.

"....Beej...."

"Yes, (Y/N)?"

"What is that?"