The Cuts

Trigger warning: Self harm

Betelgeuse's POV

"What is that?"

She pointed at my now exposed wounds. I couldn't answer. I pulled away quickly, pulling my sleeve back over them.

"N-nothing."

"Beej, those are fresh!"

"P-please...." She looked at me, confused. I couldn't look her in the eyes.

"Betelgeuse."

"Don't call me that. I hate my name."

"I will call you that until you explain."

"I can't!"

"Will you at least just tell me if it's my fault?!" I finally look at her. Her face was full of emotions. Shock, fear, pain.

"It wasn't...it..... I did it to myself."

"Did you cut yourself because of me? Did you hurt yourself because of me?" She sounded like she was going to have a panic attack.

"(Y/N) please... calm down. They're not even that bad...." she takes a deep breath and looks at me.

"Beej, I care about you. After a day of knowing you, a day of fighting, a day of wanting so badly to hate you. I care about you. I don't want you to do this to yourself. Especially not because of me."

"I..." She sits down on the floor and gestures for me to sit with her.

"You don't have to explain yourself to me. Look, I won't even make you say you won't do it again. I know it's not that simple. If I make you promise not to do it again and then you can't fight the thoughts, that would only make you feel worse. I know it's not as easy as just 'stop' because I've been there. What I will say, though, is that I will be proud of you when you finally are able to stop for good. And I'll be here until and after that point."

I was absolutely speechless. This amazing and beautiful drunk girl just sat me down and managed to say the exact words I needed to hear. I wanted to kiss her.

No, now is not the right time.

"Thank you. Genuinely, thank you. I don't know what else to say."

"Don't say anything then." She laid her head on my shoulder and I wrapped my arm around her, pulling her closer.

Then we fell asleep, drunk and in a dark closet, but happy.