Ultimate Chapter

This is the ultimate/final chapter, next will be the epilogue. This is Stanford's point of view. From the begginning until the end. I hope you enjoy reading. Thank you!

THE ULTIMATE CHAPTER

Seeing her again after months, I knew immediately it was her. How could I forget the girl who cursed me so rudely? I will never forget how she looks like. She was broken the last time I saw her, but why does she look wrecked until now? How long has it been? Four months, or say, five?

"How long have she been working for you?" I asked Braxton, a friend of mine.

He smirked the moment he glanced at me. I stared at my drink. Why do I feel like he knows what I am thinking? And what the hell am I even thinking?

"Who?" Inosente niyang tanong.

Malamig ko siyang tiningnan. Neil was singing on our background. Diniretso ko ang laman ng aking baso at sumandal sa sofa.

"The girl you presented to us."

"Ah, you mean Veil? Matagal na siya sa akin. Say, four years. Bakit?" Ngumisi siya.

I shrugged my shoulder as my thoughts get deeper. I have forgotten her for the past months. It's not like we had something special, she cursed me in our first meeting and that's it. But seeing her again today, something is... off within myself.

It took me only a day to gather information about her. I'm an expert in that. It's not that hard to know facts about her. And I was right in assuming that she was broken or maybe until now. How could someone be so beautiful and bold be broken?

Kaizer Ibia. They were together for four years. Broke up because of a third party but a certain source told me it was for another reason. Everytime... every fucking time I am looking at her whenever she's not looking, and see how vulnerable and sad she is, gusto kong humanap ng paraan para gantian ang ex niya. I think I'm going crazy! Damn! Why the hell I am sticking my nose to something nonsense?! I should just go back to Oregon and work! I don't know why I am meddling with some stranger's life!

Mula sa malayo ay tahimik ko siyang pinapanood habang nakikipag-inuman siya sa kaibigan niya. She likes drinking too much and I hate it. I hate the reason why she's drinking. Bakit? Hindi pa rin siya maka-move on sa gagong ex niya? She loves him that much, huh? And why... why the hell that annoys me too much?!

"Stan, the model is here..." bulong ni Terrance na nasa aking tabi.

I glanced at him. Tinuro niya ang matangkad na babaeng naglalakad papunta sa pwesto namin. Ito 'yong sinasabi niyang ipapakilala niya sa akin. Ibinalik ko ang tingin sa babaeng nasa malayo. Napatuwid ako sa aking upuan nang makitang may lumapit na dalawang lalaki sa lamesa nila. I couldn't see her reaction because she's not facing me. Kevin... is that it? The name of her friend?

"Stan, this is Zive, a friend of mine."

My brows furrowed when I saw her gestures while those men interacts with them. She is not comfortable. Inubos ko ang laman ng aking baso at akmang tatayo upang lapitan sila nang makitang umalis ang dalawang lalaki. I licked my lips and my jaw clenched. Why am I acting like this? Why do I care about her? It's irritating the hell out of me!

"Stan," tinapik ako ni Terrance.

Malamig ko silang tiningnan. Terrance raised his brows as a signal. Bumaling ako sa babaeng nasa harapan namin. She's sexy in her red daring dress, with those rounded bosoms and curves on the right places... which is exactly my type.  So why am I attracted to someone very opposite to my standard?