Epilogue

This story is not perfect, it has a lot of typo and grammatical errors, and even loopholes. But still, you are very patient, and thank you very much because you reached the end!

I wish you don't go out looking for love. Let love come to you, whether at the wrong time or not. If it fails then life must go on. If it is yours to keep, then treasure it.

Also, in this lifetime, we don't always need closure with people who left us scars. The pain and the lessons and even the things we do not understand are enough to give us closure and to finally close a chapter of our lives.

You do not need to understand everything to accept whatever happened. You just need to be courageous enough to walk away and admit that this life is not perfect and so are we.

EPILOGUE

Liwanag mula sa araw ang gumising sa akin. I shut my eyes for a moment before opening it again. I glanced at the glass window, the curtains are on each side. I can see the sun rising from the beach, kung saan nakaharap ang kwartong kinuha namin sa hotel. I looked at my wife who's sleeping soundly beside me.

The sheets are on her waist, revealing her bare upper extremities. I licked my lips as my eyes traveled down to her naked back. Nakatalikod siya sa akin at nakayakap naman ako sa kaniya. Pumikit ako ng mariin dahil sa nararamdaman. I just hope she won't feel my morning wood. I know she's tired from last night.

I kissed her shoulder blades and pulled the sheets to cover her whole body. Hinalikan ko ang noo niya bago umalis sa kama. I need to take a cold shower before I go out of the room to prepare for the day. After taking a bath, my wife is still asleep so I silently went out of our room.

"Good morning, Sir." Some crew greeted me when I went inside one of the famed bistros here on the beach.

"Reserve a table for two, please. What's your menu for today?" I asked when I got on the counter.

Pagkatapos magpa-reserve ay lumabas ako ng bistro at dumiretso sa dagat. The sun is already up and there are people swimming already. I started walking on the shore until I reached the flower store. Yesterday, Veil wanted a flower from this shop but it was already out of stock. They said we could go back tomorrow, so I'm going to check on it.

"Good morning, Sir. What can I do for you?" Ngumiti ang babaeng nagbabantay sa shop.

She stared at me. I glanced at her after checking the stand where Veil saw the flowers. I smiled at the lady, she immediately blushed. I think she remembers me though.

"Is the Hybrid Tea Rose available? I came with my wife yesterday. I came to check on it dahil naubusan kayo kahapon." Ani ko.

"H-hybrid Tea Rose, p-po?" Ulit niya.

Ngumuso ako at ibinalik ang tingin sa stand na punong-puno ng roses. My wife was kind of sad when she couldn't get it yesterday. It's her favorite flower, that's why.

"Yes."

"Ah, yes, Sir. It's available a-already." Tumikhim siya at umiwas ng tingin.

Huminga ako ng malalim at naginhawaan. While she was busy fixing the roses I bought, I received a call from my wife. She's awake now, huh.

"Good morning, baby." I smiled and looked outside the shop.

"Where are you?" She asked softly with her bedroom voice.

Natahimik ako saglit. I licked my lips to remove filthy thoughts inside my head because of her voice. I just took a shower, damn!

"I went outside for a bit. Babalik na rin ako," malumanay kong tugon.