54- Panda

Fast forward to the weekends, my mom decided to visit Hoseok's house since she hadn't gone to visit them after they came back from England. And since I was Hoseok's friend, she decided to bring me here, as if I didn't have enough of his crappy dirty ass jokes already.

To be honest, I don't even know how he turned out like this. Like making-inappropriate-jokes-all-the-time kind of thing. He used to be always bright, and happy and was always trying to make others happy by doing weird shit.

But I don't know why he is a master of dirty jokes all of a sudden. I mean yeah, I haven't seen him for two whole years, but still. Two years can't be that long to change a person completely.

Or, maybe he was always dirty minded, he just didn't show that.

Now, why do I care so much that he can make dirty jokes out of everything? Well, I think I would be pretty embarrassed if he accidentally cracked one of those jokes in front of my mom.

We were simple-minded people...OK, my brother was shit but whatever.

Not saying I know how my mom would react at Hoseok but I was just worried anyway. I don't know, so don't ask me.

Anyway, as my mom rang the Jung,s doorbell, a well-dressed woman appeared on the other side of the door. Last time I came here, it was when Hoseok hated me to the core.

Not saying he doesn't now, but I hope not. I don't need any other drama in my life anymore.

The woman on the other side of the door had the same warm and welcoming smile as Hoseok's. Other than that, she was nothing like her son.

She was pretty.

When I realized I didn't see her even though its been a while since they returned, I felt ashamed of myself. I know it's not my fault but yeah it kinda was.

Who am I talking to?

Anyway, she probably already knew that we were coming because as soon as she opened the door, she greeted my mom and hugged the air out of me.

I am not surprised that she would act that way, because I was awesome.

...also all the moms are nice.

My mom and Mrs. Jung knew each other since the day we moved in. I don't really know exactly how, but you can imagine their friendship as old as mine and Hoseok's. Or even longer than that.

Their faces lit with delight the first time they lay eyes on each other today, and don't ask me what I was doing standing there awkwardly when the elderly hugged each other.

If elderly is the right word.

Anyway, we were led to Hoseok's living room. Nothing really changed from my last visit, and I don't even know why I thought it would change.

Fuck, they didn't change one thing even though they were abroad for two years.

Hoseok was probably home, because he yelled from somewhere upstairs "Mum, Haeun is annoying me again!"

Haeun...she must be really big now.

I am not trying to be like one of those relatives but to think that the five year old then is now seven makes me cry.

In a proud way.

Haeun was Hoseok's little sister, she was a little kid when I first saw her. But then, she grew up with us- Hoseok, Jimin, and I. We used to hang out so much that Haeun started to become our little sister as well.

Mostly Jimin was head over heels for her, since he was an only child. Apparently 'It is lonely all day." without a sibling. Hoseok and I just rolled our eyes when Jimin first said that.

I could jump off a cliff just to get a break from Yohan's stupidity over everything.

"Mum, Hyung cut off my doll's head!"

"Yeah, you deserve it."

Mrs. Jung just gave us a nervous laugh and stormed up the stairs after she invited us to make ourselves at home. Though I wasn't sure how to exactly do that.

The fighting upstairs subsided and Mrs. Jung came back downstairs, followed by Hoseok and Haeun.

Yeah, she big now.

Like her dialect was more clear and understandable now.

Both brother and sister looked flustered in front of us. I didn't believe I would see Hoseok like that in front of me, I mean his ears were all red.

His mom gave a good twist in the ear, haha, what a sucker.

My mom straight-up grabs her slipper though, so who am I to talk.

Both Hoseok and Haeun bowed to show us respect, and Haeun took off upstairs with very angry steps.

OK now I expected a warm greeting like "Oh, haven't seen you since forever" or "You look more dumber" or something from Haeun, but oh me, I am an unfortunate lad.

I got hurt, OK? I practically raised her.

"Oh, I'm about to teach that girl some lessons. But first, how have you been, Kim? I thought you would come way earlier than today." While saying that Mrs. Jung took a seat across from my mom and I. The mahogany coffee table marking our territories.

"Oh, you know I have work and stuff. Barely get any time." And so my mom laughed at something funny that I couldn't quite get a grasp on.

Hoseok leaned on the sofa behind his mom.

"You work?" She looked stunned by the fact that my mom works.

"Mum, you know the day when I told you about how Taehyung was a..." I knew Hoseok was about to curse me out, but didn't. Because you gotta show your friend's mom how good of a boy you are, right?

Asshole.

"Oh, yeah, you work." Mrs. Jung seemed to just realize that my dad passed away two years ago as well.

"Wait, Taehyung is a what? Did he cause trouble again?" My mom asked Hoseok with an agitated voice, to which I wasn't surprised at.

Mom would literally believe a robber than believe me.

"Oh, don't listen to him." Mrs. Jung's kind smile made me think of Jimin's mom's smile. They both have the same warmth in their smiles. "He always likes to call people names. He gets that from his dad."

"I do?" Hoseok seemed quite surprised at it.

Mrs. Jung just sighed really loud and invited my mom to check her garden out. Typical family gatherings I guess.

So only Hoseok and I were left in the living room. Mrs. Jung insisted that we do something productive with our Saturday, and we both came to an agreement to not to do that.

I mean, weekends are there so one could mourn about how they have to go back to school again.

That's what I do, so if I don't absolutely have to, I don't move an inch from my house.

Hoseok and I both bolted to Panda Express, calling Jimin with us.

___________ . . . . . _________

Jimin's preferred place was KFC, but why have KFC when you have Panda Express? So yeah, we didn't listen to him.

And since Jimin just loves wasting his weekends by hanging out with people, he was forced to come with us to Panda Express.

One day I will make Panda Express have a meal based on pandas.

....now that I think about it, it sounds really wrong.

Whatever.

So we ordered our things and headed out to nowhere.

We decided to check out the convenience store for more snacks. Honestly, I don't know what we were planning on doing with all those anyway.

My bum will have to work very hard today, nonetheless.