55- A Book

"So, what did you guys call me for?" Jimin asked, mouth full of the snacks that we bought from the convenience store earlier. We were sitting on the grass by the school. We weren't right on school grounds, but we could see the white tall building of our High from where we sat.

The better description was that there was an empty area in front of the school, mostly hidden by big trees. We didn't go inside the...forest. We were just sitting by the very first tree that guards the entrance to the forest.

The children of this town believe that they could find something weird in those woods, and for a time, I believed that too, until the day Yohan came home from school, mood all bad and all. When my mom asked what was wrong, he cried about how his teacher told him that there was nothing but trees in these woods.

That day my dreams shattered.

That came out way more dramatic than I intended it to come out like...whatever.

"No reason. My mom told me to go study, but I didn't want to because the school year is almost over." Hoseok sipped his grape juice.

"So? Don't we have finals coming up?" I asked him like I studied at this time of the year, which I don't.

"Yeah but we have like three more weeks till finals. We got time." Saying that Hoseok took out a new carton of grape juice.

Who knew he liked grape juice that much? I surely didn't.

Jimin and I didn't respond to Hoseok, mostly because we found him right. I don't study for big assignments until the previous week. Which means I have two more weeks to fool around.

"Can you believe it's almost the end of the school year?" Jimin asked, all dreamy.

"Yeah." Hoseok and I answered him at the same time. And Jimin just looked at us like "You aren't getting the point here, assholes'.

"I mean like, can you believe we spent a whole year together... again?" I saw where he was going, but if you don't know yet, I don't like cheesy stuff. So I decided to play him, like how I do every day.

"Technically..." Which I couldn't do because Jimin cut me off with a huge "Shut up!".

I personally think that was quite rude. But after he was done shouting at me, he leveled his voice again; as if the spirits from the woods would hear him.

"To think that we are back at it again...I think that's really..." Jimin was good at that kind of stuff. I mean, expressing himself and all of that.

"Weird? Dumb? Unnecessary?" Hoseok thew a bunch of words at Jimin, so he could choose from what Hoseok provided him to finish his sentence.

Jimin sighed and did a huge eye roll before punching us in the guts. "I shouldn't be grateful for you. Sometimes I feel like dropping out of life."

"That would be beneficial." and so Hoseok said. 

_________ . . . . . __________

I somehow survived tenth grade and now today was the last day of school. Everyone dressed up for the graduation ceremonies that each grade will be going through.

Sadly, I will have to come back here next school year no matter how many times I graduate sophomore year of High School. But I am glad I did. I flashed back to the very first day of school after I was at home for almost two full years.

Jin Hyung will be leaving our High. Even though he was literally older than all of us by two years, he was still a big part of...my group.

Yeah, they are my group. And each one of them plays a huge role in the story. It's like without any one of them, I wouldn't be standing here today.

I am grateful for that.

Also, I figured out what Hoseok is to the group...

The asshole that every friend group has.

Anyway, Jimin started picking up the pace of calling me V all over again. Hoseok would sometimes call me that too. And even though the rest of them had no idea why my name was V and not Bob, they would sometimes tease me with that name too.

Now I know what I didn't like back in KFC that one afternoon with Jimin.

I didn't like how he called me by my name. I know, it probably sounds really weird but it's just how it is. Hearing my nickname from him made me believe that he doesn't hate me. And every time he would call me by Taehyung, I would feel as if we are growing distant all over again.

I wish Jaebeom was here to see this.

It was a cool summer day. The seasons cycled back around and all over again it was summer. I remember the first day I met Yoongi and I judged him because he wore all black clothes on a summer day.

Now I laugh at that moment.

Everyone had a smile on their faces. The faces that once held disgust for me, they all had a smile on their faces.

I don't blame them. Even though I was extremely happy about leaving this place, even if that means leaving for only a month or two, I felt like I needed a break from life, actually, I needed a break for everything.

"I don't know how you graduated with those grades." Namjoon pointed at my invisible report card next to me. His face was full of disbelief as if he was the only one who deserved to graduate school.

"Don't ask me, ask the teachers. I don't wanna graduate anyway." I lied, because who has time, to tell the truth, am I right?

Just kidding, kids, don't go lie about everything because you don't have time to tell the truth.

You should always be true no matter what, and that's the truth that I had to learn the hard way.

Hoseok and Jimin today looked like they were going for a date or maybe even a wedding. They were dressed in such a way,

The rest of us just stared at them for the whole time, trying to hold our embarrassment in. Who knew the two most rich kids in the school would be the school clowns for a day.

And those two dumbasses weren't even noticing the people around them laughing at their fully gelled hair and expensive sunglasses and watches.

They even had a flower in their chest coat pocket.

__________ . . . . . __________

I laid on my dorm bed as I thought of the whole thing that I went through in my past. I laughed at the times when everything was OK and felt bad for myself and everyone around me when the time was not so good for me.

And then I had the greatest idea ever.

I sprang up from my bed and grabbed my laptop- opening a new document in Word.

I was thinking to myself, "Dang. You can make a book out of this."

A good fifty- five chapter worthy book.

__________ ⠃⠞ ⠎ __________