8

"I'm so fucking stupid, Stan, this is the second time today that I've done that!"

"Don't be so hard on yourself, Richie," Stan puts his hand on Richie's arm, "You're like this to everyone. Eddie probably doesn't think anything of it."

"That's kind of the problem," Richie looks down at his feet, "I think he can tell. I mean, not that I... you know, but he can tell something's wrong with me. He said that his mom told him I was sick, Stan! God know what the fuck she meant by that!"

///

"Eddie, what's wrong?" Beverly asks him. "Nothing," Eddie answers, "I'm just... a little confused... that's all."

"Aw, what about?," Beverly asks. "I don't wanna say." Beverly grabs Eddie's face and looks into his eyes. "Eddie, you can tell me."

"I just wish Richie wanted to spend as much time with me as he does Stan."

"Well, just tell Richie that. When he comes back, ask him to spend the night at your house or something."

Before Eddie answers her, Stan and Richie come back into the clubhouse. "Hey, Richie?" Eddie looks at Richie.

Richie sits down. "What's up, Eds?" Beverly looks at Eddie and put her hand on his back.

"Do you want to come over to my house after this?"

Stan looks at Richie. "Yeah, I'll come over," Richie adjusts his glasses. Richie looks at Stan, smiling softly.

///

"Are you guys coming?" Ben asks Stan and Bill.

"We-We're just gonna s-stay here tonight," Bill says, "We won't g-get sick, Eddie, I p-promise."

The rest of the losers leave.

"So, w-what was that all ab-b-bout? After t-truth or dare?," Bill asks Stan. "I don't know if I can tell you," Stan says, "Richie said it's supposed to be a secret."

Bill lays down on the hammock. "D-Does it have anything t-t-to do with you guys s-s-sleeping here last n-night?"

"Yes, actually," Stan lays down next to Bill, "And why he didn't come to the quarry yesterday."