46

Richie silently sits down on his bed next to Eddie. Eddie grabs Richie's hand, "Was it about you moving?"

Richie nods.

"So, you're leaving Derry?"

Richie nods again, wiping tears from his eyes, "I'm going to miss you guys."

Eddie rests his head on Richie's shoulder, trying not to cry. Richie pulls his knees up to his chest, hiding his face in his knees.

Eddie felt tears fall down his cheeks. He didn't want Richie to leave as it is, but he also hated seeing Richie this sad.

"I love you.," Eddie sniffles, wrapping his arms around Richie's waist.

"I love you, too.," Richie says. He looks over at Eddie, seeing the tears on his face.

"How far away are you going to be?," Eddie asks. Richie shrugs, "I don't know, he just told me the name of the town."

"Where is it?," Eddie asks.

Richie tried keeping a straight face and answers, "Your mom's house."

Eddie raises an eyebrow at Richie.

"I'm just kidding.," Richie tells Eddie, "My dad found an apartment downtown."

"I fucking hate you.," Eddie pulls away from Richie and crosses his arms.

"You should've seen your face!," Richie laughs, wiping the tears from Eddie's cheeks, "I got you so good!"

"Richie, that's so not funny.," Eddie shakes his head.

"Did he cry?," Wentworth pokes his head through Richie's door.

"Yeah, I fucking told you he would!," Richie looks over at his dad, the two of them laughing.

"What the hell?," Eddie looks at Wentworth, then back at Richie.

"Hey, this was his idea!," Wentworth points over at Richie, "He said, 'Watch this! It'll be funny!'"

"You're laughing, aren't you?," Richie jokes. Eddie gives Wentworth an 'I don't know why I've put up with him for so long' expression.

Wentworth shakes his head, "Whatever. I'll leave you two alone now." He leaves Richie's room, closing the door behind him.

Eddie playfully slaps Richie's face, "If you do something like that again, I'll kill you."

"And you know who is going to cry at the funeral.," Richie jokes, referring to Connor.

"You're an asshole!," Eddie laughs.

"I love you.," Richie pecks Eddie's cheek, "We can fuck with the rest of the losers tomorrow."

///

i thought this chapter was kind of funny tbh 💀 thank you guys for 21k reads <3