5

"So, how did you know?"

Stan asks Richie. "How did I know what?," Richie asks.

"That you like Eddie? Like, what is it about him that made you like him?"

Richie shrugs. "I don't know, to be honest. I'm not gonna lie, Eds is kind of a weirdo. But maybe that's why I like him."

Stan giggles a little. "Yeah, maybe. Do you think you'll ever tell him?"

"I hope not," Richie says, "Maybe if I just don't think about it, it'll go away. Like I said, he's a weirdo, he's probably gonna hate me if I tell him."

Stan looks at Richie. Richie jokes, "He'll start hanging out with Bowers instead of us and call me a freak or whatever else they want to call me." Stan shakes his head. "Even if he does hate you, he'll always hate Bowers more."

///

Eddie, Bill, Beverly, Ben, and Mike stop at Eddie's house on the way back so he can take his medicine.

Eddie starts to leave his house and his mom says, "Eddie, come here." Eddie rolls his eyes and turns around. "What, Mommy?"

"Is Richie going to be there?," She asks.

"Yes, why?"

She shakes her head. "Be careful with him. I don't want you getting sick."

"Why would he get me sick?"

"I love you, Eddie."

"I love you too, Mommy," Eddie kisses her cheek and leaves.

They get back on their bikes and head to the clubhouse. "Hey, Bill, is Richie sick?," Eddie asks. "N-Not that I know of, w-w-why?," Bill answers.

"Something that my mom said."

They ride past the kissing bridge and Beverly sees the carving. "Hey, you were right, Eddie. I wonder who carved it.," Beverly says. "Probably just some couple or something.," Eddie sighs.