41

"Why? What did you do?," Eddie asks, standing up from the bench.

"I mean, I didn't do it.," Richie tells Eddie, "But it happened, and I want to be honest with you about it."

Stan and Bill look at each other, then at Eddie, then at Richie.

Eddie tilts his head to the side, confused about what Richie was saying.

Richie adjusts his glasses and says to Eddie, "Connor tried to kiss me."

"What?," Eddie's jaw drops.

"Well, actually, he did kiss me, but-"

"I fucking knew it."

"-But I pushed him off! He knew I was dating you and did it anyways!"

Eddie looks down at his feet, "Well, I don't think he would've done that unless you were flirting with him or making him think you liked him-"

"Eddie, come on! I just said that he knew I have a boyfriend! I told him I wasn't going to cheat on you."

"Whatever.," Eddie sniffles.

"Eds, I'm sorry, you know I love you.," Richie climbs over the bench to get closer to Eddie, "If I had known this was going to happen, we wouldn't have went to the arcade. I just had a bad night and wanted to have fun with you, Stan, and Bill."

Eddie looks up at Richie, "A bad night? What are you talking about?"

Richie hadn't realized that he had said that out loud, and now that Eddie asked about it, he had to tell him. Richie grabs Eddie's hand, "Don't freak out, okay?"

"Richie, you told me not to be mad at you and then I got mad. What the hell do you think I'm going to do when you tell me not to freak out about something?," Eddie looks into Richie's eyes.

"Well, I'm not even sure if it's going to happen, so I didn't want to say anything."

"What?"

Bill scoots closer to Stan, the two of them listening to Richie and Eddie's conversation.

"Fuck.," Richie whispers to himself, trying not to burst into tears.

"Richie, what is it?," Eddie asks, also reading up.

Richie squeezes Eddie's hand, "I'm hoping this doesn't happen, but, um... I might have to move."

Bill's jaw drops and he looks over at Stan. Stan grabs Bill's hand.

"Like, away from Derry?," Eddie uses his free hand to wipe tears from his face.

Richie nods, "But I don't know if we will or not, so we don't have to worry about it right now. I just don't want to leave you guys."

Eddie lets go of Richie'a hand and wraps his arms around Richie's waist, hugging him tightly.

Richie also hugs Eddie, lightly rubbing Eddie's back. Stan gets up and hugs both of them, "We don't want you to leave either, Richie."

Bill also joins the group hug.

"I fucking love you guys.," Richie says to them.

"W-We love you, t-t-too.," Bill says.

"I love you the most.," Eddie tells Richie.

"Shut up.," Richie pulls away from the hug, "You know I love you more."

"I was the first one to say 'I love you', so...," Eddie shrugs.

"No, I was!"

"No, you chickened out! Plus, I told Bill I loved you while you were asleep the night before you tried to."

Bill nods, "Yeah, he d-d-did."

Richie shakes his head before kissing Eddie.

///

yes i'm updating again 💀 i'm thinking about writing a modern au where the losers are in high school bc i've been watching a lot of tiktoks and the prom cosplays are my favorite so i kind of want to do something like that?? idk what do u guys think? would you read it if i wrote it?