13

"Who said I liked New Kids on the Block? They just have a few good songs," Ben sighs, as Beverly laughs.

"Do you feel better?" Richie asks Eddie as the rest of the losers talk amongst themselves. "Yeah, a little...," Eddie says. "So, you told your mom?," Richie asks.

"Well, it was in the heat of the moment and she was talking about you and it just slipped."

"Are you going to go back home?"

"I don't know, probably not. Does anyone know about you?"

"Only Stan, but I didn't really tell him. He  just figured it out. Oh, and Bowers, of course."

Richie and Eddie giggle a little. Richie turns on his back and puts his hands under his head. Eddie rests his head on Richie's chest. Richie looks around to see if anyone is looking at them. Stan looks at Richie and smiles at him. Eddie wraps his arms around Richie's waist and Richie looks down at him.

///

"So, Richie?," Stan tries to get Richie's attention, and the rest of the losers look at Richie and Eddie.

Richie turns his head and looks Stan. "What?," he asks quietly, trying not to wake Eddie. "What's going on with you and Eddie?," Stan asks.

"Nothing, as far as I know.," Richie answers. "Oh, please," Beverly rolls her eyes, "He's literally cuddling with you right now. What were you two really doing at the kissing bridge?"

"We just talked," Richie answers, "He got in an argument with his mom and he was upset.
That's it."

"I saw Eddie at the bridge this morning before he went home to take his medicine. I helped him carve a heart into the bridge," Mike says, "Was it for you?"

"Yeah, he told me it was. And I carved something for him, too. But we're not, like, officially dating or anything."

Richie's talking wakes Eddie up, but he pretends to be asleep.

"Why don't you talk to him about it?," Ben asks. "I think it's too soon.," Richie answers, "Between him running away from home, and what happened with Bowers, he probably isn't ready for a relationship in general, let alone a relationship with me."

"W-What about you, Rich? Do you think y-you're ready f-f-for a relationship?," Bill asks.

"I think so, yeah. And I'll wait however long he needs me too. I'm really glad you guys don't think this is weird. Eddie was scared you guys wouldn't be friends with him over it."

Eddie was trying not to smile. If only he was more like this when I'm awake, he thought.

"Also, sorry, Stan, but I'm pretty sure he thinks I'm a better kisser than you," Richie jokes.

Actually, Eddie thought, forget what I said earlier.

"Wait, did you kiss?," Stan asks.

"Yep," Richie grins.

"At the kissing bridge?," Beverly asks.

"That's right."

"Th-That has to be the cheesiest thing I-I-I've ever heard, Richie," Bill giggles, and the rest of the losers laugh. "Oh, fuck off, Bill. It was in the moment. And besides, you're just jealous because you've never kissed anyone."