Chapter 17

It took couple of hours before they arrived at the GMZ Building. Richard was carrying Rachel, while Dawn was just walking beside him. Everyone did greet them since they knew Dawn before, they met her at the beach days ago. But it's Rachel who they didn't know.

"Richard ako na lang hahawak kay Rachel." She felt awkward after seeing how others looked at them

"Ako na, kaya ko naman." He replied to Dawn. He turned to Rachel, "Diba gusto mo namang kalungin ka ni tito." he said smiling, while kinda playing with Rachel.

"Pinagtitinginan na kasi tayo ng mga staffs mo." Dawn said again, almost whispering.

"Edi tumingin sila, problema ba yun?" Richard said as he pushed a button in an elevator. "Ladies first." He said, with a gentle action.

Only three of them were inside the elevator. Richard was looking at Dawn cause he noticed her being uncomfortable.

"Okay ka lang?" He asked.

"Yeah, inaalala ko lang yung staffs mo. Baka kasi kung anong isipin nila. Knowing that you have already a wife. Ayoko lang ng baka magawan pa ng issue si Rachel." She explained, not letting Rachel hear them.

"Wag kang mag alala, hindi nila iisipin yun. I trust every person in this building." He assured her.

The elevator opened and they got out. They walked passed through a hall, and saw Grace outside a room with glass walls.

"Good Morning Sir!" She greeted. "A pleasant morning to you also Ms. Dawn." She greeted with a smile. "Sir you have a 9am meeting right now in the conference room, together with Mr. Viceral and with the publishers."

"Yeah, I'll be there. Meet me at the conference room. Thank you Grace." He replied.

Grace went to the conference room while they got inside Richard's office.

"Oh pano, maiwan ko muna kayo dito ha. Mabilis lang yung meeting. Dawn kung gusto mong sumilip pwedeng pwede tutal kapartner naman namin na kayo sa business at ikaw ang owner." Richard explained.

"Gusto ko din sana. Kaso I can't leave Rachel alone here noh." She said.

"Isama na natin siya tapos dun sila sa kabilang room ni grace."

The three head to the conference room and just like what they had agreed, Rachel will stay with Grace while the meeting is on going.
___________________________

After the meeting...

Richard was very frustrated and busy working on his laptop while Dawn was just sitting quietly at the couch, watching Rachel play.

"Rich, kung nakakaistorbo kami uuwi na lang kami." Dawn said.

"No, okay lang na nandito kayo. Pinapunta ko kayo hindi kayo nakakaistorbo." He explained.

"Mukhang nahihirapan ka, ano ba yang ginagawa mo?" She said and went to his desk.

"Just checking the reports, medyo bumababa ang sales eh. Kung kailan ako na may hawak tsaka nag kaganito."

"Ano ka ba, kaya mo yan. Magagawan mo ng paraan yan."

"Tingin mo kaya ko?" He asked facing her while holding on one of her arms.

"Oo naman. Tsaka kung may kailangan ka..." Dawn stopped as she noticed that she's almost holding his face.

"At kung may kailangan ako ano?" He asked her smiling.