Chapter 1

Paris, France

     Dawn must have been about to get out of bed when she noticed a reminder on her phone's screen. "March 07 - A very special day," it states, and a smile forms on her face as she considers her gift for one of the most important people in her life.

     She quickly goes to her bathroom and performs her regular routine. She had only been a few minutes away from leaving. Before she could even forget about all this, she grabbed the box with the black and gold wrapper, as well as another white box on the table next to it then departed.

     "I hope she appreciates them," Dawn thought before she drove her car. She was heading to her best friend's place.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     "Lovely Morning to you my dear, Happy Birthday!" Alice exclaimed, greeting Rachel, who would be turning 7 at the day.

     "Thank you, mom, and good morning!" Remarked a charming little girl's voice. She recently woke up having her hair in a frizz.

     "Get ready, sweetie, your tita Dawn is coming in a minute."

     "Okay, mom, I will be right in my room getting dressed! And please, please, call me if she arrives."

     "Of course, baby," Alice smiled at her, "go ahead now."

     Rachel eagerly returned to her room to get presentable, promptly took a shower and changed into her mauve attire.

     Shortly after, Alice approached her as she was combing her hair.

     "Rach, come down right now; daddy is on the other line."

     "Please wait a moment, mom."

     Rachel goes downstairs soon to speak with her father.

     "Happy Birthday, My Baby."

     "Thank you, dad, but I'd be happier if you were here," Rachel's lovely face has now been absolutely heartbroken.

     "Sorry, Baby, daddy can't make it; he has a lot of work."

     "Fine, please come here next time; I miss you muchly, dad!"

     "Of course, baby, I miss you; you know I love you, right? Oh now you have to give the iPad to mommy; I'll talk to her."

     "Okay, dad!" Rachel said while she waved her dad goodbye.

     She handed the iPad to her mom, who had been sitting directly near her.

     *Doorbell rings*

     Rachel dashed towards the entrance once she heard the doorbell ringing. It must have been Dawn, exactly anticipated.

     "Happiest Birthday, sweetheart! Here's my present."

     "Thank you, Tita; please enter."

     Whilst Alice continued preparing the cake, the two moved towards the lounge room as well as reclined on the couch.

     "Look, Mommy! Tita brought me a gift."

     "Say thank you ha!" Alice exclaimed after she seated beside them, holding the cake, "Kain muna kayo, Dawny!"

     "Thank you Alicia, tulungan na kita mag slice ng cake," Dawn spoke as she approached her friend.

     "Wow tita, it's so wonderful, did you make it?" Rachel inquired, holding an elegant white gown with gold embellishments. Perfect for a young girl like her.