Numb

Most people in this world of ours. When they find out a friend or a family member is self harming. They usually take it way wrong and think their friend or family member is trying to get attention drawn to themselves. But in all honesty its not true. Its very far from it. Most people who cut. They do it for the pain. Some do it to end their lives. But others only make slight cuts in their skin so they can feel the pain.

People who struggle with depression and other harsh mental illnesses tend to all cope with them in different ways. Some choose drugs to make them feel numb and ignore the pain. Causing everyone around them to struggle with them do to the lethality drugs possess. But people who cut. WE do it because we want to feel. Sometimes being depressed can be so emotionally draining that we feel like we cant feel pain. So to remind ourselves that we are still human and we still feel pain like humans. WE cut to feel. Most people who struggle deeply with depression can't feel much emotions but sadness and anger at sometimes. So cutting helps some to notice that they are still alive, They are okay...

They have made it through another day in the hellish world within their heads.

So please don't judge someone who cuts. Give them space, time and understanding as pushing them to stop or tell you what's wrong will only make things worse.