14

Maxine's POV

Jughead stormed over to me and grabbed me by the shirt rougly. He threw me across one of the tables, sending me flying to the ground.

"What the hell are you?" He shouted, kicking me.

I pulled him down by his legs and straddled his waist. I held him by his throat, I didn't hold him to the point I would choke him but it was enough preassure to keep him still.

I focused my energy and I made my fangs appear, I felt bad as I watched his eyes widen in terror.

"D-Dad."

"It's okay, boy. She won't hurt you." FP said walking over to us, he placed his hand on my back and I stood up, allowing him to help Jughead to his feet.

"How do you know she wouldn't hurt me? She's a..A..."

"I'm a vampire." I said rolling my eyes.

"Vampires aren't real." He said shaking his head. "No way. We thought the Gargoyle King was a real creature but it was just a costume...No way are vampires real."

I sighed and FP placed a hand on Jughead's shoulder. "Sit down son, we got a lot to talk about."

- - -

I explained everything to them. How I went to school with their parents, how I had been with Penelope. How everything works and most of it is nothing like the movies. I even demonstrated some things.

Jughead no longer seemed scared and Betty was just shocked her Mother was best friends with a vampire. I was just shocked that FP and Alice had kids of their own...Yet they didn't have a child together.

"Does Cheryl know she's living with a vampire that her Mom used to date?" Betty asked before taking a sip of water.

I shook my head. "I'm not ready to tell her."

"I can't believe you dated that witch, Penelope." Jughead said surprised.

"Yeah well, the Penelope you know, isn't the one I know. She used to be kind, caring, sweet and she wouldn't hurt anyone."

"No she's sick, evil, twisted and abusive...Not to mention homophobic.  You know she sent Cheryl to the Sister's Of Quiet Mercy?" Betty said.

I let out a deep sigh and shrugged one shoulder.  "I'm not defending the shit she's done. I'm just saying....She's not the woman I know."

"She started to change when you left." Alice spoke up. "She cut all of us out of her life. She stayed only with Clifford. You leaving, it affected her badly. I'm not making any excuses for her but losing you...That was her breaking point. She knew she'd eventually have to marry Clifford, regardless if you stayed or not, she just expected you to still be there."

I felt guilty. The reason Cheryl was treated so horribly really was, partly my fault. I regret leaving so much but now I regret it even more because of what I put Cheryl through.

"It'll be okay. You're here now and I've seen her around town looking...Like her old self." Alice said placing her hand on mine. "I didn't know why but now I do."

I gave her a half smile and she returned it.

"The Serpents could use a vampire." Jughead said leaning forward. "Just someone with your strength I mean...It could be used to our advantage."

"You threatened me and now you want me to join your gang?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"I'm sorry." He apologised. "I just thought you were dangerous and I didn't want to put Betty in any danger."

"I'm still dangerous." I smirked showing my fangs.

"Knock it off." FP said throwing a napkin at me. "And anyways, she can't join the gang."

"What? Why?" Jughead said disappointed.

FP ignored him and stood up. He walked behind the bar and reached for something. He walked back to the front of the bar, a jacket in his hand.

"She's already a member." He smiled looking from Jughead to me. "That's if you still wanna be." He held the jacket out.

I stood up and took the jacket from him, I held it out in front of me and smiled as I studied the snake shaped like an S.

"That's the same exact jacket you wore all those years ago. I kept it in case you came back..."

I lowered the jacket and thought about what I wanted to do. Did I really want to get this deep into everything again?

What if I wanted to leave again?

I bit my lip as I thought hard.

I thought about Penelope.

Josie.

Cheryl...

I sighed and looked down at the jacket. I had made my decision.

I carefully slipped my arm through the sleeves and proudly put the jacket on.

"Welcome back, Maxine." FP smiled patting my back.

It still fit perfectly. It felt good, I won't lie, being without the jacket, I felt somewhat naked.

"Seeing as we're being accepting today..." Fangs began. "I'm also a vampire."

"What?" Jughead and Betty said at the same time, both just as shocked as eachother.

"We know." Alice and FP said at the same time.

Fangs smiled nervously and messed with the ring on his finger.

Today had certainly been interesting so far...And I still had the date with Josie to go on.