[12]

"W-What do you mean?" Taehyung stutters.

Seokjin looks at him. "Tae...they were hurting me because they said that I knew someone named V...who is he? and....is Kim Namjoon really a....mafia leader?"

Taehyung looks over at Hoseok, who just shrugs his shoulders. Hoseok goes to Seokjin. "We'll leave you two to talk." he says as him and Yoongi leave the room.

The room is filled with an awkward silence. Seokjin looks at his fingers. The scars on his wrists from the chains showing. He touches them and flinches when they sting. The cream put on from the doctor made the cuts more sensitive.

Taehyung looks at Seokjin. He feels a pang at his heart when he sees how hurt Seokjin got because of him. If he only knew how to control his feeings, Seokjin would be safe at his home. Well, the shop. It's monday now.

Seokjin feels Taehyung staring at him. "Tae...
will you tell me. Please, I need to know." he says, but doesn't look up at him.

Taehyung stays standing. He stands for a minute just staring at the floor. He then sighs and grabs a chair and drags it next to Seokjin's bed. He sits and leans forward, taking Seokjin's hand in his own.

"If I have to tell you, promise me you won't freak out and leave me." he pleaded.

Seokjin looks at him and nods. "Promise."

Taehyung takes a deep breathe.

"I-I am...I am V."

Seokjin looks at him with a confused expression. "What?"

Taehyung sighs. "I am V! I am the reason why they are hurting you, Jin! It's all because of me!"

"What do you mean because of you?"

"I-I am a mafia leader. One of the biggest in Korea. Namjoon is under me and he is also my biggest rival. Our fathers had conflicts which leaded in him wanting revenge because my father killed his. My father did because his father had killed my mother. Although, it was kind of my father's fault since he played him dirty in a trade they did. Besides, him and I have always been at each other's throats.

I knew you were at risk because I wanted to get to know you, but I couldn't stop myself. After I met you, you caused an effect on me which pulled me to you. I blame myself for not suppressing my feelings and putting your life in danger. I knew the consequences but I chose to ignore them. I'm terribly sorry for causing you so much pain. I hope you can forgive me."

Seokjin looks at Taehyung's eyes, which are teary. He looks down at their joined hands. He sighs.

"Taehyung. This is something that I know about....my family was once related to the mafia. My parents died for that reason. That's why I lived with my grandparents. Tae, I don't blame you...I just need some time." Seokjin says as he lets go of Taehyung's hand.

Taehyung looks up at him and some tears fall from his eyes. 'Please don't!'

"I'm not leaving...I just need to think about a few things..." Seokjin says as he looks behind him at the door.

"Yoongi, huh?" Taehyung mumbles.

Seokjin looks at him. "Tae.."

"No, I get it. I'll give you as much time as you need." Taehyung says and gives him a small smile. Yet, Seokjin knows it's fake.

Taehyung gets up and walks out the room, leaving Seokjin alone.

Seokjin walks into Taehyung's mansion. Taehyung insisted to take him there. He said right now, he needed to be extra careful so he needed to stay with Taehyung. Seokjin didn't want to, but Taehyung made him.

Hoseok puts his hand over Seokjin's shoulder and smiles. "It'll be nice having you here." he says. Seokjin nods. He doesn't want to stay here. He can't anyway.

Seokjin looks over and sees Yoongi staring at him. Hoseok notices and distracts him. "Hey, i'll show you where you'll be staying." he says and Seokjin looks at him and nods. They walk up the stairs and disappear inside Seokjin's new room.

Taehyung stays standing with Yoongi. Yoongi looks at him. "I'll be back." he says and leaves. Taehyung sighs and goes to his room. How complicated does this make things.

Yoongi sighs as he gets out his car. He got out and walks to the very familiar hill. He sees the tree and stands against it. He sighs as he looks at the sunset. How many times hasn't he come here.

This is where him and Seokjin met. Many years ago. Them only being children at the time. He sighs as sits down and brings out the chain that is always hanging around his neck. His lips curl into a small smile as he reads the imprinted writing.

"KSJ to MYG
사랑해"
(saranghae)

He looks at the pink heart pendant. Still intact as if he had just received it the day before. He swipes his fingers over it. He leans his head back and closes his eyes. Tears start to fall out of them, staining his pale cheeks. He sniffs as his nose start to run.

"Why is it so hard for me to get over you Kim Seokjin?" he looks over at the almost disappearing glimmer of the sun. "Why is it so hard for me to stop loving you, even if it's for your own good."

•••
next chapter we will have the full length story on yoonjin for those who are wondering what happened. 😭

if you're in the mood for yoonjin, i'll be posting a story this week. i just need a few more editing to finish. i hope you all look out for it and read when it comes out :).

-aidee, borahae 💜