[43]

SIX MONTHS LATER

The months flew by. Seokjin was successfully working in Jeno's restaurant as he promised. He has even been appointed one of the highest chefs in the restaurant. Within the six months he's been working there, he has received respect and appreciation from the workers there. Since he was the youngest, they were very surprised at how much Seokjin knew about cooking and the level of culinary knowledge he was at.

As promised, Taehyung drove Seokjin to Busan everyday. Seokjin had made an effort and also got his driver's license. He drove many times on his own, making Taehyung sad as he wanted to spend more time with him. Seokjin wanted to be a bit more responsible and also let Taehyung rest. Taehyung had had many trades to do and sign off, so he knew he had to take matters into his own hands. He let Taehyung sleep for a few more hours since he also did work, even if the majority of the time he worked from home.

After Yoongi's passing, Taehyung's men were mostly under he lead of Hoseok, who had been Yoongi's second in command. There wasn't a day where he wasn't missed terribly. He was never going to be forgotten. Seokjin sometimes cried at night when he remembers him. He definitely was missing and he'd forever be missed.

Namjoon and Jungkook's relationship finally got somewhere. They had been on and off for many months, but Seokjin had helped them confess their feelings and get together once and for all. Jimin and Hoseok had also gotten together and were living their lives all lovey dovey. Though it was at times annoying and cringe, it was refreshing to see them together and happy.

Everyone's lives were going well. It was now December and Seokjin's birthday was around the corner. Taehyung had a big surprise planned for him secretly. He was finally going to move the next step of their relationship.

"Are you sure he'll like it? I want him to and if he doesn't, I think i'll die." Taehyung said as he pulled his hair in frustration.

Namjoon chuckled and shook his head. "You're overreacting. He's going to like it. From the few months i've known him, I can tell he's going to love this. Don't worry."

Jimin laughs too, "It's so different seeing you all nervous, Taehyung. So different from the big bad Taehyung we used to know."

"Shut up." Taehyung says, making the other two laugh.

"Oh i'm kidding. But I think Jinnie will like it very much." Jimin says.

"I hope so." Taehyung says.

There's a knock on the door and he opens it. Jungkook and Hoseok enter and sit with Jimin and Namjoon.

"Hellooo~" they say at the same time. The couples all leave and Taehyung is alone in his office.

"Two more days Taehyung. Fuck." he says to himself.

He takes his phone out and dials Seokjin's number.

"Hey baby." Seokjin greets as he answers.

Taehyung feels the nervousness leave as soon as he hears Seokjin's voice.

"Hi. You're still in the shop?" he asks him.

"Yes I am. Soobin, Yeonjun, and I are just setting up a new shipment of flowers we got. I should be home in about an hour." Jin says.

"Do you want me to pick you up?" Taehyung asks. He wanted to see Seokjin already.

"You don't have to. I brought the car anyway. I'll be okay. I'll go in a bit, okay?"

Taehyung sighs sadly, "Okay. I miss you."

Seokjin giggles, "I miss you too."

"I love you. Hurry up angel." Taehyung whines.

"I love you too! I'll be there soon. Bye bye baby." Jin says before he ends the call.

Taehyung sighs as he puts his phone away. He had already made the plans with Soobin and Yeonjun and he trusts them, so he's not worried about them. He went to their room and changed his clothes.

He went back downstairs and started making dinner. While he was alone, he tried learning how to cook himself. He doesn't want Seokjin to do all the cooking anyway. He brought out a recipe to make kimchi fried rice and began preparing it. By the time he was done, there was a knock on the door. He cleaned his hands before walking to open the door.

"Hello!" Seokjin exclaimed when he opened the door.

Taehyung smiled and hugged him tightly. He snuggled his face in Seokjin's neck and breathed in happily. Seokjin smiled and hugged him back. "You missed me?" he asked jokingly.

Taehyung nodded and picked him up. Jin laughed and wrapped his legs around Taehyung's hips, and Taehyung held him.

"I did." he said with a pout. Seokjin smiles and kisses him. "I missed you too."

"Want to go to the room so I can show you how much I missed you?" Taehyung asked with a wink.

Seokjin raised his eyebrow, "Hmm, okay." he leaned forward and kisses Taehyung's neck for a few seconds before stopping.

"What's that smell?" he asks suddenly.

"I cooked but that can wait." Taehyung said as he held Seokjin head and made him lean forward to kiss his neck again. "Continue."

"I want to eat." Seokjin said as he got off Taehyung and went to the kitchen.

Taehyung sighed and went to close the front door before going to the kitchen with Seokjin.

"You like food more than me?" Taehyung asked.

"Right now, yes." Seokjin said before eating a spoon full of rice. "Mmm!" he moans loudly while he eats. "This is so good! What the fuck Tae." he says as he walks to him with a spoonful. "Here, try it."

Taehyung opens his mouth and Seokjin feeds him. He nods his head, "It's very good actually." he says, sort of suprised with how good it came out.

"Mhm." Seokjin nodded in agreement. "Let's eat." he says.

They serve themselves some rice into their plates and sit down to eat dinner. The rest of the night, they cuddle in bed and relax. Since it was Friday, the rest of the weekend would be dedicated to Seokjin's birthday. Taehyung couldn't want to surprise him.

___

•••
hello!! i hope you all enjoyed this chapter 💓💓💓. what do you think the surprises will be? 👀☺️