21. Too Much For the King

"Oh my gosh."

I made eye contact with the man that was in my dreams, and I look at Gideon instantly after. He didn't seem to realize who that was in front of us and it made me happy to know such a thing.

Instantly, I went and sat beside the man in my dreams. He frowned at me as soon as I did and I chuckle.

"Is your name Sorrel by any chance?" I ask, and he raises an eyebrow.

"Who's asking?"

"Me, I'm curious."

"Yes, my name is Sorrel." He says, and I glance over at Gideon. I saw him talking to Kenji and it made me think I wasn't as crazy as I thought. Was my dream really a dream? Or was it trying to reveal something to me?

Why would it be so damn accurate as to name someone's name correctly. How often does that happen for people? Never, it never does.

"Do you have a child?"

"No? Your questions are rude."

"Not really. I'm just trying to...confirm some facts." I say, and Sorrel ends up looking around me.

"Gideon get your husband." He told him suddenly, and I look over my shoulder to see Gideon frowning at me.

"What are you doing?"

"I was talking to Sorrel."

"Really? What'd you learn?" Gideon seemed to mock, and I look at Sorrel and see him smirking at me. This was weird to me since I just had that dream.

What was I supposed to do with this?

My dream seemed pretty damn real. So now that we're here it just lets me know that it may be real after all. Except Sorrel claims he doesn't have a child.

"Does the name Jun King ring any bells?" I blurt out, and Sorrel's eyebrows lift.

"Is there something you're not telling me Damian?" Gideon asked me quietly, and I began to know I looked suspicious. Except this was all from a dream.

As we stood here awkwardly, I realized that Kenji crept up beside Sorrel. He eyed me teasingly and opened his mouth slightly, but closed it.

"Can I tell him Gideon?" Kenji asked, and I look at Gideon as soon as he said that.

I could already tell he looked irritated by such a question, but he nodded.

"I'll just do it. Jun King was originally my first son, with Sorrel. But he passed away, he was born very early and it his chances of living were slim from the start. This is before I met you, so don't fret. He was so tiny and precious, but he ended up not being able make it. So...yeah. This was when we were teenagers, yes?"

Sorrel nodded, and he glared at me soon after.

"How would you know such a thing? That's highly confidential."

"I also never told you such a thing." Gideon said, and I chuckle.

"Don't you think I should know?"

"I just didn't find it necessary. It was so long ago, almost ten years ago. There's honestly...no point in rehashing old memories. We were sixteen when this all happened. I took responsibility and Jun ended up passing away. It's a painful thing to recount and I don't like talking about it, straight up." Gideon told me, and I notice that Sorrel looked uncomfortable.

I decided to not talk anymore on it and it was obvious it was a sore spot. I just wonder why he didn't tell me about such a thing until he was confronted on it.