24. 𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝘐𝘵 𝘈𝘭𝘭 𝘍𝘰𝘳 𝙈𝙮 𝙇𝙤𝙫𝙚

Gɪᴅᴇᴏɴ Kɪɴɢ
***

Something is off.

Damian recently has been off. I will always love him and whatever he does. But what he has been doing recently is acting weird.

We are no longer in Japan, so I don't know if he just misses Kenji or what. But, everything about him is just...off.

Don't know if his behavior in Japan, the loving-behavior, was all just a hoax or what. I don't think so...but at this point...

"Damian?" I enter our bedroom, seeing him laying on the bed as if his life was coming to an end. He literally looked dejected and his eyes were hooded. Like he was depressed or contemplating a topic.

When I sit beside him on the bed he glanced over at me, but quickly looked away.

"What's wrong? What aren't you telling me?" I ask him softly, reaching towards him and grab his hand. Holding it softly in mine, I wait for him to respond to what I was saying. Except he stayed quiet and just stared at me.

These quiet spells he was pulling weren't working for me. I tried to be understanding and let him calm down. Except it's ongoing and worrying me.

"Do you miss Kenji?" I ask him, and he continues to stare. "How can I figure out what's wrong with you if you won't tell me anything? This can't go on forever."

Damian took a deep breath, sitting up in the bed. His hair fell into his eyes since it was more grown out. I expected him to say something, but all he did was push me out of the way.

He crawled out of the bed and walked to the bathroom completely naked. Just watched from afar in pain, wondering why he wasn't saying anything.

I rather him scream and yell at me then this silence. It was complete and utter torture...

I go into the bathroom with him, watching as he was dousing his face with water. Confusing me as he glanced at me and his face dripped with water.

"Is my face puffy?"

Words, now there's something.

"No, you look perfect. I'm happy to hear your voice." I murmur to him happily, and he faced forward.

"Silence suits me, huh?"

"No, it doesn't." I chuckle, walking to him and I try to hug him only for him to duck under my arms. Going to the corner of the bathroom and sitting down.

I watched as his hands partially covered his face, shaking his head. Waiting for him to say something, I just stood in front of him.

It was evident that he was crying, but I saw that countless times this week. Except this one seemed different. He was struggling to say something or do something, I could tell. Whatever it was was tearing him up inside and I hoped he'd tell me soon.

"Gideon..." He croaked, and I nod at him. He started to cry harder as he covered his face.

I decided to sit beside him and I remove his hands from his face. I held them in mine gently, grinning at him - hoping he'd understand that I was here for him.

"It's okay Damian. You can tell me whatever you need to. I don't like seeing you like this." I tell him truthfully, and he cries even harder than before.

Waiting, I just watch him cry because sometimes that's for the best. Let the tears fall and after, what comes will come.

I wait for him, hating this. I couldn't stand seeing him cry like this before me. Just seeing him cry made me want to cry, but I had to stay calm. Needed him to see that he could cry in front of me and still have something to support him.