31. Our Titan King

|Visions of Gideon🔝

I felt my tears burning my eyes because Gideon and I stood before the incubator. We stared at our son, Titan, as he was so small and I became frustrated. I didn't understand why this was happening to us.

When I glance at Gideon, he looked broken. He had tears still falling down his face and his eyes were puffy from the ongoing crying.

"Am I not meant to have a child?" He asks out loud, and I avoid answering that question. "This is the second time that this has happened. Is the world trying to tell me something? Why can't I be happy? Why can't we be a family? I lost Jun...I can't lose Titan. I just can't."

I see him begin to crumble to the floor and I had to grab his arm. Didn't want him to pass out because he's been handling this worse than I am. Of course I'm sad and heartbroken, but Gideon has gone through this before. He ended up losing Jun and to almost relive an event must be frightening for him.

My eyes settle back on Titan. He looked perfectly fine, just unnecessarily small. I only had him a six weeks early and I suppose that could cause its problems.

Born...May 12, 2020.

Just wish I didn't have to...see Gideon suffering like this.

"Gideon you need to stand up, listen to me." I say, and I pull him up to stand beside me. My hands cradle his face as I get him to look at me. "Be strong for Titan. He's my son too, he's my baby. You don't think this is hard for me to see?"

I felt my throat become tight and I gulped down the lump building up.

"I'm just scared for him to disappear. I can't handle that again Damian, I just can't." He cries, yanking away from me as he shook his head angrily. "This is so frustrating! The fact that we have to wait for five weeks is beyond me."

He ran his hands over his face, finally looking at me. Except he looked like he wanted to kill someone. His eyes moved around the room quickly he took a deep breath.

"Runter." ( Duck.)

I flinch, and I immediately duck like he said. Watching as I see him pull out a gun, shocking me instantly. When I look over my shoulder I saw his father grinning at us.

"Gideon what is this behavior? I cannot see my grandson-?"

"When I let you around Jun, he disappeared. Why the hell would I risk the chance once again with Titan? Have you lost your damn mind?" He hissed at him so quietly that it was frightening.

His father didn't look afraid as he rolled his eyes. Stretching his arms, I hear Gideon reload the gun. My eyes widened at him doing so, and this was the first time I've seen him this way.

I don't think...I've ever seen him actually willing to kill someone. Have I ever really seen him commit any evil deeds?

I don't think I have...

"Gideon put down the gun, you don't have the balls to shoot your father-."

"Are you really going to question me? I'm not fucking playing games with you old man!" He shouted now, and this time his father looked pissed.

He began to click his tongue at him, shaking his head in what it seemed like was disappointment. He leaned against the doorframe, smiling.

"You were a teenager when you first became a father. Why would I have a distraction get in the way of you - my heir - taking over the King Mafia group? Your ass should be thanking me." He told Gideon, and I found my eyes widening at what his words sounded like. "When I had him put up for adoption, it was the best thing I've ever done. It made you a stronger person and now look at you-."