Seventeen

My sweet boy hiccups and sniffles away in my lap, curling into me in a way that melts away the tension that has me grinding the enamel off of my teeth over the Agatha situation. I should be the one comforting him, but his body unconsciously mimics my need to soothe him and he loves me back. Well placed nuzzles and sweet kisses raining down on the skin available to him. My sweet boy. My precious, loving, adorable mate...

At first, the obstinate old hag was amusing, but being mean to my sweet, emotional little Luna is absolutely unforgivable. How could she not know that he's sensitive? That harsh words and selfish demands won't go far with him when used instead of kindness and gentle touches. If she wasn't family I'd have her throat crushed between my jaws faster than she could even inhale with the purpose of screaming.

And asking him to reject me?

An old woman or not I'm more than willing to cut her down to keep Adrian where he belongs. He needs me. He needs to be wrapped up in my arms and safe.

It's hard to not let my anger show...I know that it'll only upset my sweet boy if he sees how pissed-off I am over the situation and I certainly don't want to be the cause of any more tears. My Baby should be happy... Calm and content here in my lap. It should be reinforced in his mind that in my lap is where he belongs all snuggled up and content. His personal safe haven opens to him 24 hours a day, every day of the week, and that turning to me while upset is the right decision. As long as Agatha doesn't find herself in front of me for the foreseeable future I think I can manage.

"Calm down and we can talk about it, " Collin insists, knowing exactly where my head is at. That damn old woman. Barging in and demanding alone time with my angel only to upset him. Leaning back in his chair just as my sweet boy nuzzles his face into my shoulder in the most adorable way, he sighs, his hand reaching for his computer mouse and dragging it across the rubber pad to double click on something, probably opening Agatha's file. She should know better than to try and interfere with someone else's mating, even if it is her grandson.

The very last thing I need is for my sweet pup to focus on a conversation about to revolve around the very well deserved punishment of his Grandmother. Pulling my phone out of my pocket and unlocking it, I don't fail to notice Adrian's curious eyes watching the screen as he uses his sleeve to wipe the tears off his cheeks. He half-heartedly tries to avert his eyes when I key in the passcode, so I let my hand drop down until it's back in his line of sight before keying it in. If he wanted to go through my phone he's more than welcome to, nothing would ever be off-limits for my Princeling. I'd give him anything and everything he could ever want just to see him smile.

Slowly but surely his emotions are settling down, my scent acting faster than any amount of Xanax he could have taken from the bottle sitting on the desk in front of us. It makes me happy to see his sultry lips pull into a small smile as he peeks up at me after the screen opens up, eyelashes still dewy and damp from his still fresh tears. How simply stunning my beautiful mate is...Even now, fresh from crying he makes my heart falter with just a glance... Just the first sign of recovered happiness after being so upset and my heart pounds in my chest.

....
Adrian
....

Silas lets me watch as he plugs in his passcode, his eyes meeting mine with a wink and a squeeze of my hip before he returns his attention to his smartphone and tapping his thumb on the blue and white logo sitting on the top right corner against his old looking motorcycle background. He waits for it to load before slipping it into my hands, his own lingering where our fingers touch and soaking in the tingle that is rapidly growing more and more familiar. My eyes climb until they focus on his mouth, his tongue snaking out to moisten his plump lower before he descends on me. The kiss is short but leaves me gasping when he pulls away.