Twenty

I know I had promised to take it slow... But with every turn...every stop and start at traffic lights...every lane change he'd cling to me harder, body jumping and twitching with each new sensation brought on by the bike rumbling underneath us. His delicious thighs gripping my hips...his arms a chokehold around my waist while he let loose shriek after quiet shriek into my back. The feel of him biting nervously into the flesh of my shoulder has my hand twitching on the throttle begging to really make him scream.

It was glorious having him cling to me so tightly... But over entirely too soon.

Before I know it I'm guiding us down my hidden driveway and up to the house purposefully set back away from the view of the road.

Pack members can't come to me with their moronic issues if they can't remember where the house is or find the driveway. It's a way to weed out those who actually have a problem real thats bad enough to actually need my help from those who only want the attention of someone in charge. The ones who only want attention normally give up after a few minutes of driving back and forth. The ones who keep searching long enough to eventually find it is normally the ones who genuinely need me. Hopefully being set apart from the rest of the pack won't bother my sweetheart... With how shy he seems I doubt that he'll actually mind.

I'll do everything in my power to turn my blissfully isolating oasis into a comfortable home for him room by room. We can start with his library and then anything that he may want to change with the rest of the house. The kitchen comes to mind...Its a bit outdated...fine for me, but the oven and coil burner stove top tend to be a bit tricky and I don't want him accidentally getting burned... Not everything would be big things. Just little things to make sure he's as comfortable as possible.

...
Adrian
...

The bike slowly comes to a stop but I don't dare open my eyes. Twice along the way I had thought we were home already, but no. They both ended up just being two incredibly long red lights, both of which seemed to change the moment I opened my eyes.

Being able to cling to Silas is the only thing that keeps my head from spinning while I wait for us to whip around a corner or jump forward...but instead, Silas cuts the engine, a jingling of keys sounding as he pulls them out of the ignition.

He sits up straighter and pats my hand with his own. Assuming that this is a sign that it's safe to open my eyes, I do and slowly unwind my arms from around his waist and let them fall.

He catches my left hand and grabs onto my forearm, pulling on me until I understand that he's trying to help me off the bike. With Silas's firm grip on my arm, I manage not to fall and bust my face, but it doesn't stop me from keeping my eyes on the ground instead of letting them molest the beautiful house in front of me. I want to look... I want to see it so bad... But I'm shaking too hard to focus... I need... I need...

...
Silas
....

My poor baby nearly shakes himself to pieces in the time it takes me to haul myself off my Harley, a moaned sob breaking past his nervously bitten lips as I slip the helmet off of him and pull him into my arms.

His trembling doesn't stop, but it does slow down little by little as the stale scent of his residual fear pools around us. I can't help but stiffen when his chilled hands are shoved up the back of my shirt, lightly clawing at my skin in an effort to get as close as possible to me, a distressed "Hold me!" groaned into my chest.

It's hard to restrain a chuckle at how adorable his frightened demand is, harder still to try and keep myself from hauling him back onto the bike to hear his exciting squeals all over again.

"You did so well, Sweet Boy... I'm so proud of you." I mumble my words into his now slightly smashed curls and he lets himself collapse against me as I start to rub his back. He nods to me as he finishes processing the fact that he is now off the thing that had been terrifying him for the last almost hour and a half.

Drawing in a heady pull of the familiar scent of the forest surrounding us I can't help but smile when I notice how Adrian's scent blends so well amongst all of the evergreens and pine trees surrounding our home. He turns the woodsy smell into that of a home. As much as I enjoy the smell of home I would rather the two of us be inside our home so I can get to work on getting him to give me that beautiful neck of his, and make damn sure he thoroughly enjoys the process.

He gives a small whine as I start to pull away, but eventually relents when he realizes that I'm not straying far. Pulling his backpack off of his frame I slip it over my far shoulder, keeping my other arm slung around his waist so he can continue leaning into me.

He's still trembling... But now I think more in anticipation and nervousness than anything else. My sweetness is finally letting his curious blue eyes explore the house in front of us and its hard to miss the way his already rosy cheeks bloom into the most delicate of inky blushes.

I give him a moment to let him take it all in. The stone walkway leading up to the porch. The bushes I hadn't wanted at first that Rebecca and Ma had planted along the front porch anyway. It's not modern by any means, built when I was only sixteen as a place to store me out of sight from my father after puberty had changed me from the son he liked well enough, to the junior alpha his wolf hated with a passion. I should have moved out of the cabin when Dad was finally able to retire and leave the way we both so desperately wanted, now able to indulge his truer nature without being obligated to return every few days to check on the pack that just couldn't leave us be.

I had insisted on staying though. Somewhere in the two years it took for me to turn 18 the cabin that had only been meant to serve as the temporary shelter had turned into more of an oasis than I ever could have imagined. I took my time and fixed it up section by section. As I've grown over the years I've been able to change it and let it grow with me to keep up with my needs. It still has its rugged log and stone decor on the outside, but it had nearly tripled in size from the small one-bedroom home with a tiny kitchen and a single bathroom.

...
Adrian
....

"Two guest bedrooms. A decent master bedroom as well, but I can make it bigger if you want. Two and a half baths. My study. The den. The kitchen isn't bad but it could use some updating..." Silas rumbles on as he guides me up the stepping stones to a house that looks like it should be in a fairy tale. Like on the inside I might find seven small men and an unconscious girl... Or maybe stumble onto a happy old witch who will only grant me my wish in order to teach other kids a cautionary tale. It's almost surprising that the chimney stack visible from here in the front yard isn't puffing away letting us know that Hansel and Gretal are in the oven. It's not the kind of house you see every day...Certainly not something sandwiched in between the cookie-cutter houses of Duxbury. It's charming, all one level, but sprawled out carefully here among the trees. I would have never guessed that someone who looks as rough as Silas does lives in a house that looks like it jumped right off the pages of a book.

"It's perfect."