Twenty Two

Liam lets his eyes drift back down to Adrian and mine follow. He's cherry red from the forehead down as he rebuttons his pants and shoves his sweater down further than it originally intended to fall, chin tucked shyly to his shoulder as he shuffles to my side. He keeps his eyes down, his bottom lip quivering as he shifts from foot to foot wound up with nerves from being walked in on...

He had been falling into such a good place... A place where it had taken just the lightest of growls to have his head knocked to the side of its own volition practically begging for me to bury my teeth into the tender flesh. Every time my face finds itself pressed against his sensuous skin inhaling breath after greedy breath of his delicate scent he gets closer... Closer to asking for it... To saying yes to me.

If Liam hadn't decided to make himself known I probably could have been whisking my Sweet Boy off to the bedroom and laying him down.

"Did you get the groceries?" I hum, determined not to let Adrian catch it deep annoyance over being interrupted when he's already so spooked. Ignoring the obvious until my beta's brain comes back online and forces him to make the connection seems like the best option to keep myself from snapping at the part-time moron who prides himself on his ability to stick to my side like glue regardless of if I actually want him there or not.

"Of course I got the groceries. You have a person. You hate people!" Just like I knew he would he did stop by Walmart without trying to call me a million times to figure out who the hell ordered groceries and put his name down for pickup. Which is why his phone number would be staying as my primary line for the grocery pick up service, and for just about every other activity that involves me interacting with other people. If I can get away with sending him to do it for me I'm going to do it and he knows that. He can stand there and rant and rave all he wants. He's just upset that I didn't call and let him know that I wasn't returning to the territory last night... Like he normally is when I don't come home.

It's not his fault he's frustrated. We have had the conversation many times. All he wants is a phone call. A text. But its also not like I can change my need for solitude. Being tethered to the pack feels like more of a burden than a blessing most of the time...and unfortunately for Liam phone calls and texts fall under the 'human interaction category and when my skin is crawling with the need to get lost in the woods by myself with no one and nothing to bother me I just can't handle it. Just having him still here instead of letting himself out after dropping the groceries off has me bristling and on edge. I just want my space.

I want Adrian and I alone, by ourselves in our room all curled up and extremely satisfied. I want private cuddles with my Angel while we get to know each other through soft touches and quiet whispers.

...
Adrian
...

Silas wraps his arm around my waist and tugs me until I'm pressed against him and he ushers us past the handsome blond man down a hall the eventually opens up into a quaint kitchen and dining room with an open floor plan.

"You two smell like a bar...Is that where you were all night? Picking up minors at some bar? Sigh, who is this kid?" His words make me want to curl up into a ball and throw myself into a drainage ditch...One because Grammy really can be awful sometimes, soaking Silas in vodka had been especially cruel since it was done without reason... And two... A kid? Really?

"Not a kid. Not at a bar." My mate grunts as he carefully guides me until we reach the end of the hall and it opens into a dining room connected to an adorably rustic kitchen, wood stove in the corner, modern appliances built into the counter space. The stove and dishwasher are a little outdated but it only adds to the charm of the space.

Nothing separates the kitchen and the dining room, but I like the way it looks all open the way it is. The dining room table is small, just a dark wood two top with two matching chairs that are close enough to the wood stove for both seats to be cozy, but far enough away not to be too hot while trying to eat. As the natural light streams in around us from all of the big windows lining the far wall and looking out onto the forest, he tucks me into one of the chairs at the table, caressing my cheek and tucking my hair behind my ears before pulling away and sauntering over to the counters across the room currently littered with grocery bags. As he starts to unpack, smiling at my selections while he puts them away, its all too easy to imagine myself with a blanket in my lap, a small fire in the woodstove with a good book in front of me on the table while waiting for dinner to be ready... Or even just sitting in here and having a cup of tea after a long day... Maybe holding hands with Silas across the table... It would be so nice...

....
Silas
...

"Why do you reek? Where were you all night? And who is that?" My beta openly stares at my mate like he's a piece of meat until a sharp snarl snaps him out of it. He redirects his attention to me with a cocked eyebrow expecting an answer.

"My mate. His Grandmother doesn't like me."

"So she threw a drink in your face?" Liam sounds amazed at the size of the balls on that woman, as he should be. With absolutely anyone else I would have left them feeling two inches tall and very very afraid to piss me off again.

"Actually, she filled a squirt bottle..." Adrian pipes up from where he's leaning back in his chair more rosey than a daydream as his glassy eyes watch me tuck away his favorite foods.

"Y...So...Does your Grandmother have a death wish?" Liam sputters to my cutie before gasping and redirecting his now panicked energy in my direction, "Tell me you didn't maim a little old lady!"

It's hard not to laugh as I smile at the makings for tacos, pot roast, and the unexpected small bottle of wine as I put them away, and even harder not to grin at the tea and coffee and all his favorite snacks. He had taken me at my word and stocked up on adorable things to nibble on. His selections ranged from a small box of sea salt sprinkled dark chocolate bars and a cute pint of lemon sorbet to microwave popcorn and a squat jar of queso that I'm not entirely sure has a purpose.

Being the sweetheart he is my Adrian had gotten the smallest sizes of everything except for the chocolate and things for actual meals. I'd break him of the habit eventually. My Sweet Boy would be spoiled within an inch of his life, up to his chin in snacks with more books than he'll ever be able to read. The two of us using Liam's nagging as background noise as I continue putting groceries away, both of us chuckling knowing that I would have killed to get a fair shot at the old broad.

"Don't ignore me!"