4

I woke up to soft singing. As I shifted, sunlight blinded me.

"God bless captain America." I drowsily said as I rubbed my eyes. "Well, good morning to you too." Josh chuckled. I looked at him to see his chestnut curly hair every direction.

"You know, you're adorable when you're half asleep." Josh brightly smiles. My smile. "You're not so bad yourself." I beamed. He blushed and looked down at the sheets.

"You hungry?" He asked. "Yeah." I softly said as I cuddled into the blankets. "Then let's go get something downstairs." He smiles before taking his blankets off to reveal his bare torso and long legs. I basically dropped dead at the sight of it. He reached over and grabbed my hand, pulling me up behind him. "I'm up! Chill!" I giggled as I followed him downstairs. He laughs as he leads me down to the kitchen. Joshua lets go of my hand and opens the fridge to search for our breakfast. All of a sudden, the house phone starts ringing. "Hello?" Josh answers it in a swift motion. He holds it to his ear as he grabs Eggos. "This good?" He mouths. I nodded and smiled.

"How's the meeting?" He asked as he held up two fingers. I nodded as I looked around. "Nice! Way to go mom!" He exclaimed as he stood in beside me at the counter. I reached up and fixed his stray hairs. He smiled at me as he listened to his mom. Since he was so close, I could faintly hear the conversation. I tried not to listen to it, but because of the proximity it was kind of hard. "So, what were you up to last night?" She asked. Judging by her voice, she seemed extremely sweet.

"I went to my friends lacrosse game, and then we had a sleepover." Josh explains. "Nice, nice! Well, I should be home later tonight." His mom says. As she's saying this, the toaster pops and reveals the eggos. Joshua puts the phone between his shoulder and his ear as he grabs the waffles. "I have plans with a friend, but I should be home by the time you get back!" He explains before placing the plate in front of me with a fork. Reaching for the syrup, he continued to talk to him mom. I smiled at him as he placed it in front of me. "Thank you!" I mouthed. He beamed at me before beginning to make his waffles.

I sat quietly as I ate while waiting for Josh. "Okay, bye mom! I love you!" He exclaimed. A few moments later, he hung up and turned to me. "Sorry about that. Anyways, how'd you sleep?" He asked. "Amazing! You're bed is so comfortable." I giggled. "I know, right? It's like a cloud."

"How'd you sleep?" I questioned. "Pretty good, surprisingly." He chuckled as he collected his waffles. "Are we still hanging out tonight?" I asked. "Yeah, for sure!" He smiled before eating his breakfast.

•••

Later that day, Josh told me to get ready for a surprise. "I only have my uniform. Can we stop by my house?"

"Yeah! Of course!" Joshua beams. "We can take my car. I know you're probably tired of the bike." He continued. "I love the bike, but let's go with the car for today." I chuckled before following him to the car. We both got in before pulling out of the driveway and driving to my house.

The two of us pulled in my driveway. By the looks of it, no one was home. "I'll be right back!" I exclaimed before hopping out of the car and running to the front door. I typed in the password and ran into the house before quickly changing into ripped jeans, a off the shoulder red top, with my checkered vans. I grabbed my wallet and ran back down the steps before closing and locking the door behind me.

My small legs ran back to the car to see Joshua picking music out. "Do you think it's going to rain?" I asked as I leaned forwards and looked up to see kind of gloomy sky.

"Maybe, let's hurry up and get to the surprise then." Josh says before playing music through Bluetooth and pulling out of my driveway.

•••