44

It was weird without Josie's giggles and screaming around the apartment. Joshua and I picked up some Chinese food and looked at larger houses for us to stay in, along with buying tickets for Australia.

The apartment we were staying in just wasn't enough lately. Whenever there was a problem around the house, we would have to place a work order and it would take a couple days for the order to be set. Plus, if Joshua and I had more kids Josie and her new sibling would have to share a room, or Josh would have to move all of his music things. Which, we would definitely pick that option.

But if we had three kids? One of them would have to share a room with their siblings, and I don't think they would like that very much. When I was a kid, I had to share a room with Mason since we lived in a smaller house and I absolutely hated it. Don't get me wrong, I love my brother to death but that boy does not know how to clean up after himself.

"How about this one?" Josh asks as I opened my mouth for some rice. Covering my mouth, I began chewing and looked over at his screen. "It's really cute, but do you see us living there?" I questioned. The house was too close to the neighbors, it even shared a driveway.

"You're right." Joshua agreed, closing that page and searching for another before popping a piece of sweet and sour chicken in his perfect mouth.

My phone dings beside me, earning my attention. When I glanced down, I had realized my mom had texted me some photos. Smiling, I opened them to see Josie playing with the neighbor's dog. "J!" I gained his attention as I showed him the photo. "We should get a dog." Joshua smiles fondly at the photo before turning back to the computer. Somehow, that wasn't a bad idea.

"What about this one?" He asks, earning my attention. "Oh! There's even a basement where you can keep our instruments." I beamed, skimming through the pictures of the house with him. "And it's in a good neighborhood." Joshua smiles. "I like it." I agreed with him, shoving some more rice in my mouth.

"I'll email the realtor about it." Joshua nods before beginning to type. As he types, I text my mom back. As I sent the message, another photo comes in. It was a cute photo of Josie holding the phone, which I'm pretty sure she's the one who took the photo. There was a bit of spaghetti sauce on her face, which made the photo even better.

"Our daughter just took her first selfie." I laughed, showing it to him. With one glance, laughs escaped his lips. "I'm sorry-. That is literally the cutest thing I've ever seen, but the spaghetti sauce got me." Joshua laughs, clutching his chest as he leans his head back against the couch.

As if on cue, a bunch of gibberish was sent. "Josie stole my moms phone." I laughed, showing him the messages amongst his laughs.

"I love her." Joshua laughs, sending the email after checking it. "Alright! It's sent!" He confirms, switching the screen to the place we were planning on renting for our honeymoon. We had yet to get confirmation on renting it for those two weeks.

"Okay, what should we do now?" I asked, setting my now empty bowl on the coffee table. "I have an idea." Joshua smirks, closing his computer. "What?"

"Movie night!" He exclaims, reaching around me and grabbing the remote. Laughing, I curled into his side as he searching through Netflix. After choosing the Corpse Bride, both of Joshua's hands came to my hips before lifting me so I was sitting in between his legs. Stretching, I leaned back against his chest, laying my head on his shoulder.

•••

After around two movies, I got one of the greatest ideas ever.

"Babe, I got an idea!" I said, skipping out of the bathroom. "What's your idea?" Joshua asks from the kitchen. When I joined him, he was looking through the fridge for snacks. "I got your snacks and put them with Josie's in the pantry. Anyways!" I exclaimed, playfully pressing my freshly washed hands into his shirt. He doesn't react, in fact he moves onto the pantry.

"Can I put a face mask on you? Please, baby?" I asked, hugging him from behind. "I don't know, love. What's in it for me?" Joshua asks, grabbing a snack. "Can you grab me a fudge round real quick? Anyways, I won't annoy you while you're playing piano or guitar." I spoke out, breaking away from him as he reached up for my snack.

He hands me it before closing the pantry door. "I like it when you annoy me, babe. I don't mind it." Joshua chuckles, standing beside me and leaning against the island with me. "Alright, I'll make you coffee for a week." I replied, glancing up at his curls.

"Deal." He smiles. "Thank you!" I exclaimed, opening my snack and hugging him tightly. "Let's get this over with." Joshua sighs with a soft laugh before following me to our shared bathroom. I took a couple bites of my snack as we neared our shared bedroom.

"Sit!" I exclaimed before shoving the rest of the small snack in my small mouth. With my help, the curly haired boy sat down on the edge of our bathtub.

After grabbing my face masks, I showed them to Josh. "Which one?" I asked, moving the small containers for him to see. "You know them better than I do, which one do you use?" He asks.

"This one!" I smiled, moving the rest and grabbing my usual mask. "Alright, sit still." I said, gently dampening a washcloth with warm water and moving so one of my legs was in between Joshua's while the other was on the other side of his thigh.

His soft hands rested on my hips as I gently peppered the washcloth around his face. After finishing with that, I grabbed the mask and the brush I use for it. "That looks interesting." Joshua laughs as he notices it in my hand. Instead of replying, I moved closer to him before dipping the brush into the mask.

"It might be a bit cold." I giggled before gently wiping the mask onto his face. With a small smile on his face, he closes his eyes and enjoys the face mask process.