26

"Thank you for taking care of her." Aunt Stacy smiled as they started to leave our apartment. "It was no problem, next time you're in town give us a call and we'll be happy to watch her, if we're free." I smiled as Grace ran over to Josh, who was coming out of the bedroom shirtless while wiping his eyes. "Joshy!" Grace exclaims before running back to Josh.

"Grace!" He exclaims before squatting down and opening his arms for her. She kisses his cheek before pulling away.

"Oh, someone's got a little crush." Stacy teases as they pull away. Grace blushes before running over to her parents by the door.

"Say bye!" Tommy smiles at the two of us as Josh places his arm around my shoulder. "Bye Angel! Bye Josh!" She waves before following her parents out the door after their goodbyes.

"We need to have one of our own." Josh kisses my head. "Well, we also need to wait." I chuckled before sitting down on the couch.

"Movie?" I asked him as she sits down beside me. He nods and lays down so his head is on my lap. I ran my fingers through his hair as he chose a movie for us. "Mm, Coraline." He nods softly before clicking on it.

"I love this movie." I smiled as I placed my feet on the coffee table.

•••

The wedding was beautiful! Josh and I danced around, played with all the kids with Mason since we were kind of bored with all the adults around. All they kept asking 'Who's this young man?', 'Can you take care of my daughter this weekend?', and so on. And no, we're not taking care of their daughter.

"I can't wait to get out of this dress. It's so itchy." I groaned as Josh pulled into our parking spot. "I think you look gorgeous." Josh smiles before getting out of the car with me. "Thank you." I deeply blushed before making my way inside the apartment complex with him.

Josh and I quickly changed into pajamas and washed off before getting into bed. "Your family is so nice." Josh tells me as he cuddled into my back, gently placing his arm around my waist from behind. "They are, just don't get on their bad side." I chuckled before closing my eyes. "What're we doing tomorrow?" I asked Josh as I tried to fall asleep.

"Let's just hang out around the house. This week's been hectic and you deserve a break." Josh kisses my shoulder. Nodding, I started to slip into a deep sleep.

•••

School's been in session for about, three months. We only had seven months left, and I was so excited to get it over with. Josh and I could finally start our lives without having to worry about school work.

I was currently laying stomach down on the bed while doing homework. Josh was at the store, grabbing some essentials. My music was soft, but loud enough where you can hear it.

"Babe! I'm home!" Josh calls out as he closes the front door. "Bedroom!" I called back before returning to my work.

"Hey, gorgeous." Josh greets as he walked into the bedroom before laying down perpendicular and laying his head on my back. "Hey, babe." I greeted as I wrote down the answer to the work.

"How much you got left?" He asked as he tossed a basketball in the air. "Two more problems, why?" I asked. "We should do something. I'm tired of being cooped up in the house." Josh says.

"We could go get some ice cream." I replied as I finished the last two equations. Josh nods as he stops throwing the ball in the air.

"I can't wait until this school year is over." Josh groans as he flips onto his stomach and lays on my back once again, playing with the hem of my shirt.

"Oh god, me too." I smiled as I packed up my binder. "Come on, let's go get some ice cream." I told Josh as I began to sit up. He giddily smiles and follows me out the door with a soft arm around my waist.

•••

A couple days later, Joshua had a football game. He asked me to wear his jersey while Laura wore his letterman jacket that had his last name on it. Speaking of which, I still had to legally change my last name to Bassett. "The other team looks shrimpy." Laura chuckles. "You're right." I giggled as the teams ran to the sidelines.

After we stood for the national anthem, the game began. Josh was on the sidelines as he watched the game intently. "Hey!" Hailey cheers as she sits down on the other side of me with Ryan behind her, Iris and Xander sitting behind us. I quickly introduced them to Laura before watching the game. "I brought you some chicken." Hailey smiles, holding out some chicken tenders. "You're the best." I chuckled before locking eyes with the curly haired boy on the field. He blew me a kiss before running towards the field. Blushing, I watched him play as I ate.

During the second quarter, I could tell Josh was getting irritated. When the referee kept making wrong calls, Josh would fling his arms up or something along those lines.

"He needs to calm down." I heard Ryan say. "He'll be fine, I'm sure of it." Laura comforts me as she realized I was worried about him. "I know." I softly nod as Iris plays with my hair behind me.

Josh was off his game tonight. He wasn't his usual self, So I was worried something was on his mind. Josh kept making wrong passes, making his predicament even worse.

"Bassett! Sit out!" I heard the coach yell before sending another player in. Josh stomps over to the bench and throws his helmet down beside him before sitting down. "Somethings wrong." I reply as Josh's dad joins us with food in his hand for Laura.