28

I woke up before Josh on his birthday. He said he just wanted to hang out on his birthday with family and friends, so I decided to give him his gifts later that night.

I decided to make him breakfast in bed. Josh loves waffles, so I made him some homemade waffles with some fruit and a cup of coffee.

Placing the plate and cup on his nightstand, I kneeled down beside his sleeping frame on the bed. His messy curls were messily sprawled out on the pillow, making him look even more beautiful than he already was.

Smiling, I gently pecked his face with kisses in an attempt to wake him up. As I heard his let out a low groan, I pulled away to see a soft smile on his face. His eyes fluttered open to meet mine. "Good morning, baby. Happy birthday!" I exclaimed as I gestured to the food beside me. "Thank you, baby girl." He sleepily smiles up at me as he looks at the food I made.

"It looks delicious, baby." He smiles before sitting up and hugging me tightly, pressing a kiss against my cheek. He smiles as I hand him the tray full of food.

"What're the plans for today?" Josh asks.

"Well, we're having a family party later tonight, but until then we're free to do whatever you want." I smiled as I got up. "Where're you going?" He pouts as he stuffs some fruit into his mouth.

"To take a shower while you enjoy your breakfast." I replied as I started to gather my clothes. "Wait, let me finish my breakfast and then I'll join you." He pouted. Just to tease him, I pretended like I was thinking. "Please, baby." He holds an arm out for me. Nodding, I beamed and crawled to his side before curling my body into his.

•••

The warm water hit my body as I stepped into the large shower, Josh following me. I turned the water up just a bit more as Josh wraps his arms around my slick waist.

"Do you always have your water scalding hot?" Josh asks, pulling away from me. "Yeah, actually." I chuckled as I grabbed the body wash. Josh reaches around me and turns the water colder, but not cold enough to make me freeze.

"Do you take cold showers a lot?" I questioned as he took my body wash from me. "It's only to cool you down, You kind of look like a lobster." Josh jokes as he grabs my loofah from the wall.

"Oh come on, it wasn't that hot." I chuckled as he put my body wash on the pink loofah. "Babe, your back is literally red and so is your chest." Josh chuckles before lathering my skin with body soap. Sighing, I laid my head on his shoulder.

"This is what you use to smell good? I always thought it was your perfume." Josh asks as the water turns warmer again. "No, it's my body wash. I do have a matching perfume though." I giggled as he turned me around to rinse me off.

"I can wash myself, you know, defeats the purpose." I say as all the soap washed off, so I turned back to him. "I know, but since it's my birthday I can do what I want, when I want." Josh smirks before grabbing my shampoo beside him without looking away from my eyes.

He lathers it into his large hands before massaging it into my hair. "You have really large hands." I giggled as he rinsed his hands off. "I know, I got them from my dad." He chuckled before helping me rinse the soap from my hair, even though I didn't need the help. In return, I repeated his actions after switching positions with him so he was now under the water.

•••

After everyone had left, Josh and I relaxed in the living room so I could give him his gifts.

I returned with the gifts in my hands, his face lighting up when I returned. "Thank you." He smiles as I set the gifts down on his lap. Smiling, I curled up beside him and watched him open his gifts. I had gotten him some rings, some new picks for his guitar, a woven bracelet that represents his personality, a new hoodie that I can steal, but will wait for him to test it out, and a very special one I had put last on purpose.

After opening all of the gifts, Josh grabs the last one. "Okay, this one is very important to me." I smiled as I leaned my chin on his shoulder. With a bright smile on his face, he opens it.

It was a pair of touch bracelets that if we're apart for awhile, we could remind each other we're thinking of them. "Baby, I was going to get you this for your birthday." Josh laughs as I pulled away.

Chuckling, I kissed him briefly before starting to collect his wrapping paper. "I could've done that, ya know?" He says. "It's your birthday, sit back and relax." I beamed before throwing his trash away. Putting the cake in the fridge, I cleaned up the kitchen.

"Come relax with me, babe." Josh startles me by wrapping his arms around my waist from behind. I didn't even hear him enter the kitchen.

"Please." He pouts as he nudged my neck with his nose, trying to give himself more access to my neck. Blushing, I tilted my head to give him more access.

"Bedroom, now." I uttered out, him happily obeying.