16

When I opened my locker two days later, a small piece of paper fell out. Picking it up, I began to read it.

Hey, baby! After lunch, meet me behind the school on the bleachers. I have to show you something.
-your boy, Joshua.

Smiling, I tucked it into my purse and got my things ready for class. Glancing over, I saw Joshua smiling at me from the other side of the hallway. I waved with a large smile on my face before walking to my class.

•••

After lunch, while everyone was changing classes I snuck away from everyone and towards the football field. Looking around, I saw a mop of curly brown hair sitting on the bench.

"Hey, Josh." I greeted as I neared him. He looked up from his phone, and I realized there was a guitar next to him. "Babe! You made it!" He exclaimed before putting his phone away, grabbing my hand, and leading me to sit down.

After letting go of my hand, he grabs his guitar beside him.

Josh began to strum a familiar tune. "When your legs don't work like they used to before,
And I can't sweep you off of your feet. Will your mouth still remember the taste of my love? Will your eyes still smile from your cheeks?" Joshua dang, closing his eyes as he got comfortable. He continued the song, lost in his own world. Tears ran down my face, I was that happy. I placed my hand on his bicep as he strummed. He opens his eyes as the song finishes.

"Why're you crying?" Joshua asks as he sets his guitar down and places his hand on my cheek. "That was beautiful, Josh. I'm so in love with you, oh my lord." I told him before embracing him. He chuckles before kissing my cheek briefly. "Um, that was kind of my promposal." Joshua says as we pulled away. "Of course I'll go with you." I giggled before kissing him lightly. He smiles into the kiss before pulling away.

"Want to skip the rest of the day with me?" He asks. "Hm, sure." I giggled before following him to his car.

•••

Once I got home, I told my mom about prom.

"We'll go dress shopping after I eat, I need to look at bridesmaid dresses." Mom smiles before finishing her meal. Nodding, I set my phone on the charger and waited for her. "Can we invite Mrs Bassett?" I asked. I loved Josh's mom, and I feel like she should be involved. "Of course! I love her!" Mom cheered.

"Alright, let's go." She says. I looked up from the TV wand got ready to leave. The two of us left the house with our phones and everything we needed for the day.

"So, have you and Josh...you know." Mom asks as we pulled out of the driveway. My cheeks flushed red as I recalled all those times. I contemplated for I wanted to lie to her or not.

"Don't worry, I won't tell Mason or Jake." Mom chuckles as she drove. "Once or twice..." I trailed off as I stared out the window, trying not to freak. "Well, I hope you're safe about it." She smiles. "We are, I promise."

"Is he good?"

"Mom!"

"No, but seriously, does he treat you right? He doesn't pressure you? I love Josh, but he could be different behind closed doors."

"Yes, he treats me right." I giggled. "Good. You deserve someone like him." Mom smiles before pulling out of our neighborhood.

•••

After hours of trying to find a dress, I finally found one. It was beautiful! It was a light pink, that was kind of floral at the top, but ombre-d into the bottom part, which was a pale pink. "Mom! Can I try this on?" I asked as I searched for my size. "Honey, that's beautiful!" She exclaimed before helping me. "Found it!" Mrs Bassett exclaims as she holds up my size. "Thank you!" I cheered before leading them to the dressing rooms.

The two of them followed me to the dressing rooms and waited for me outside. Pulling my other clothes off, I changed into the dress. It fit me perfectly, and it was very comfortable. This is it, this has to be the one.

Stepping out, I showed my them.

"Honey, It looks beautiful on you! You look like a princess!" She exclaimed. "I love it, it fits perfectly." I squealed as she looked at it. "Do a spin!" Mrs Bassett exclaimed. Giggling, I spun around, ultimately making the dress poof around me. "Okay, that's the one. Take it off and then we can find you some shoes before getting some food." Mom smiles before turning me loose.

•••

"Okay! Sit down!" I heard my mom jokingly yell at the two boys in the house. Giggling, I waited on the steps for them to get ready.

"Introducing! Princess Angel!" My mom yells, signaling for me to come out. Standing up, I made my way to the living room with clacks from my white high heels. As I stood in front of them, they stared at my dress. "You look beautiful!" Jake cheers before standing up and hugging me.

"Stop growing up." Mason teases as he hugs me. "You're the one going to college next year." I chuckled. "You got me there." He chuckles as he pulled away.

"Now go change, I'm treating us to dinner. Invite Josh if you want." Jake smiles. "Can someone call him? I'm going to go change." I cheered before making my way back upstairs. Texting Iris and Hailey a picture of me in the dress, I made my way upstairs and changed.

•••

When we arrived at the restaurant we had chosen, we saw Josh waiting outside for us. He was standing by the door on his phone. My phone dinged, and as I unbuckled I checked it. It was Josh snapchatting me. Opening it, I saw it was a cute photo of him smiling. 'I can't wait to see you.' He captioned it.

The four of us neared him at the door. "Hey, Josh." They greeted as I walked behind. "Hey! Thanks for inviting me." He smiled as I tucked my self under his arm. "It's not a problem!" Jake smiles before leading us inside. Joshua drops his arm from around my shoulders and reaches for my hand. Instead, I reached up and held onto his bicep as we walked. "You look gorgeous, by the way." He smiles. "You look handsome, yourself." I giggled as we followed my family to the table.