9

"Angel, honey, time to get up." My mom calls out. I groaned as I opened my eyes. My head was pounding still, and my stomach felt queasy. Turning around in my bed, I saw her in my doorway.

"Mom? I don't feel good." I whimpered. She pushed my door open some more and walked in to feel my head. "Honey, you're burning up. I'm letting you stay home today." She says as she pushes hair away from my eyes, just like Josh did last night. God, I was really missing him. He left not long after I fell asleep, but he left me a cute note on my phone.

I nodded as two other figures appeared in my door way. "Is she okay?" Jake and Mason both asked. They both approached my bed and checked on me. "She has a fever."

"I'll call out of work." Jake nods as he sits down by my knees on the bed. Mason hands me a water bottle that was already opened. "But this is yours?" I questioned. "No, it's okay. I can grab another." Mason nods. I nodded before setting it on my nightstand. He walked out of my room right after.

"I can stay home by my self, I don't want to make you guys miss work more than you have to." I croaked out. "Are you sure?" Jake asked as my mom stood up. "I'm sure. I'll call if I need anything." I softly said. Jake slowly nodded and stood up. Mason returns from his room with one of his favorite stuffed animals. He extends his arm and places it in front of me. "Thank you." I weakly smiled.

"I have to head out for work, you sure you'll be okay?" Mom asked. "I'm sure. I'll text if I need anything." I promised as I watched Mason turn my TV on. She nods before exiting my room with Jake in tow.

"I'm going to head to school. I'll pick up your work for you." He says as he hands me the remote. "Thank you." I nod as I watched him walk out of my room. Not long after, I hear everyone pull out of the driveway. Sighing, I texted Josh and my friends that I wouldn't be at school today.

As soon as I saw Josh read my message, I got a phone call. "Hello?" I answered, obviously amused at how fast he called. "Hey, baby girl. Feelin' any better?" Josh asks. "No, that's why I'm staying home." I dryly laughed. "Yeah, sorry I spaced. Want me to bring you anything?"

"Don't you have school?" I asked. "No, I originally had a dentist appointment but they had to reschedule me. I can stop by if you want?" Josh suggests. "That would be heaven." I told him. "Cool, I'll see you in a bit, baby." He says before hanging up. I clutched my phone to my chest and smiled to my self.

•••

Josh let himself in because I left the door unlocked and I told him it was open just lock it when he was in. I was almost completely asleep when he walked into my room. "Hey, baby." Joshua softly says. I slowly opened my eyes to meet his soft brown ones. "Hi." I croaked out. I was actually feeling much better, but I wasn't about to tell my parents that. They would send me back to school with no hesitation.

"How are you feeling, love?" He asks as he crouched down by my bedside. "A lot better, actually." I nodded. He pressed his lips against my forehead.

"Can you cuddle with me? I want to play with your hair." I told him. A smirk etched its way onto his gorgeous face.

"Of course, baby." He cutely giggled before laying down behind me. I rolled over and let him cuddled into my neck. My hands rested on the top of his head before I ran my fingers through his soft curly brown hair.

"You know, you're pretty comfortable." Josh laughs into my neck before pressing a quick kiss on my collarbone.

"Good to know." I chuckled before gently tugging at his hair. "God, that feels amazing." Joshua says.

Not long after his last statement, I heard soft snores. I kissed the top of his head before trying to get some sleep myself.

•••

A couple months later, I was standing by my locker, waiting for Joshua to finish talking to the football coach while talking to my best friends. It was the last day of school before spring break, and it was safe to say I was excited to hang out with my best friends and my boyfriend.

"We should go on a road trip this spring break." Hailey suggests as she closed her locker. "I'm so down! I'm tired of school." I giggled. "Can Josh drive me home? I rode the bus and I really don't want to deal with those people." Iris asked. "Why don't you ask him yourself?" I asked as I pointed to the tall boy making his way down the hallway. His eyes were scanning over my body as he walked. I squirmed under his gaze while I scanned over his.

"Hey." He greeted as he came to a stop in front of his, a smirk still evident on his face. "Hey." All of us greeted. He leaned down and placed a sweet kiss on my cheek.

"I was wondering if you would drive me home? I took the bus and the people on it drive me crazy." Iris asks as he pulled away. He placed his hand on my hip as he looked at Iris. "Yeah, sure." He nods before kissing me. "What's up with you today?" I giggled as I pulled away from his soft lips.

"I missed you, that's all." He blushed before pulling away completely. "Hailey? Need a ride?" He asked. "Yeah, actually. My dad just ditched me." She says, putting her phone in her pocket. "We should head out then." I nodded before intertwining Josh's and I's fingers. We swung our hands as we walked out of the school and towards his car.