39

"I'm back!" Laura exclaims, Taylor following her with his swim trunks on, but zips to the shed in the back to look for some things. She was also wearing a swimsuit. "Oh! Let me change!" Sandra exclaims. Laughing, I watched her jog inside as Laura laid out the floaties for Josie.

"I got some little arm ones, and some floaties that she can lay on. They're all made for small kids, and we'll be watching her." She assures me. Nodding, I looked up at her.

"You know you didn't have to do this right?" I politely smiled as Josh grabbed the arm floaties.

"I know, but I'm her grandma! I gotta spoil her!" She chuckles, helping Josh open the package. Josie was looking at this one floatie that let her sit there and relax with a small shade. As Josh began to blow up one of the floaties for her arm, she began to reach for it. "You want this one, baby girl?" I asked, gently picking it up and showing it to her. She smiles in response. The two of them put the arm floaties down as Sandra returns in her swimsuit.

I opened the package quickly before beginning to blow it up as Josh bounced her on his hip while talking to Sandra and Laura. "Hey, we have a air compressor in the garage if need be." Joshua teases, poking my side. "Ugh, sounds amazing." I sighed as I pulled away from the float.

Laura gently took Josie to let us go to the garage. "I can't get over her swimsuit." Josh smiles as we entered the garage. "I know right! She's so adorable!" I happily exclaimed as he grabbed the small hose connected to the air compressor. I gently hand him the float before he starts it.

We returned to the group with the float in tow. "Look!" Sandra smiles, pointing to the float in our hands. Josie bounces in Laura's arms from excitement. The four of us walk over to the pool. "Wait! Let me go on the diving board before she goes in!" Joshua exclaims before handing me the float and jogging over to the diving board. He sets his sunglasses down beside the board before getting on. He hops a couple times before doing a front flip into the pool.

The three of us got into the pool afterwards. Josh and I got Josie into her float while the other two relaxed. "She's a queen." Josh jokes as we watched her in her float.

"I'm guessing she loves it." I laughed as I put the small hood up on the float so she would have some shade. "She does." Laura and Sandra agree as she smiles around at us. Josh returns his sunglasses to his face as Taylor places some donut floats in the pool. He joins Laura on the other side of the pool, who was talking with Sandra.

"Whew!" Joshua smiles as he plays with Josie. Josie laughs as he swims around with her. While they played, I relaxed and floated to the top. The cold water felt amazing in this heat.

•••

After dinner, we headed home.

"I'm gonna go give Josie a bath, you good here?" I asked Josh, who was relaxed on the couch. "Definitely, I'm exhausted." He chuckles. "Can you hold her while I get everything ready?" I asked. He nods and holds his arms out for her. I gently handed her to him. She instantly cuddles into his chest as he rests her on his stomach. He continues to play his video as he relaxes with her. Instead of giving him a hard time, she relaxes on his stomach.

Smiling, I made my way to the guest bathroom and started the water in her small little tub. Since she was still young, I wanted to keep her in a baby tub until she's a bit older.

After making sure everything was fine, I went back to Josh to get her. She was babbling to herself as I picked her up. A small whine left her lips as I brought her away from Josh, but stopped when she realized it was me.

•••

"I'm heading to the store, Can you please watch Josie." Angel tells me, grabbing her purse from the island. "Yeah, of course." I replied. Josie was still napping in her room, so I had a bit of free time. Angel kisses my cheek before leaving the apartment. Sighing, I leaned back against the couch and waited until it was time for Josie to wake up from her nap.

When it was time to get Josie, I made my way to her room down the hall. She wasn't awake when I walked in, so I approached her crib so see her calmly asleep. She looked so much like Angel when she was asleep.

I gently stroked her cheek in attempt to wake her up. She squirms, but opens her eyes. "Hey, baby girl!" I smiled, gently picking her up. Josie smiles up at me in return. She relaxes on my hip as we walked to the living room, rubbing her tired eyes.

Josie immediately sees her toys on the ground. She claps her hands in my arms as we sat down on the ground. I gently extend my long legs and set her on one of my thighs.

"Look! Mama got you new toys!" I exclaimed as I pointed at the new toys Angel had bought a few days ago.

Josie claps as I gently grabbed them, her bouncing as I placed them in front of her. She smiles before moving off my lap, using my shirt and stomach to help her. Reaching for the remote, I turned the TV to a kids show before watching her. Glancing up at the screen, I heard a thud.

Immediately looking down, I saw Josie completely fine, but she did drop her toys. "Josie, you gotta be more careful with those, they're expensive baby girl." I sighed as realized a piece of it broke. I grabbed the broken piece and reached so it was on the entertainment center.

She whines as I placed the toy with it. Josie has to learn to respect her toys.

Instead of throwing a fit, she crawls closer to me and buried her head in my shirt. I gently picked her up and held her close to me. She clings to me as I lean back against the couch. I kissed the top of her head to calm her down.

The door opens, and in walks Angel with her hands full of groceries. "I'm home!" She beams as I immediately stood up with Josie in my arms and helped her with the groceries. "I got the good snacks!" She exclaims, realizing Josie's behavior. "What's wrong, baby?" She asks, gently taking her from my arms. She points to the toy I had put up.

"She broke the toy, so I set it on the entertainment center so she would learn to respect her toys." I explained as I started to put groceries away.

"Josie, dada's right." Angel gently bounces her. Josie heavily sighs before leaning her head on Angel's shoulder. For being only 6 months, she was incredibly smart.