18

"As of, right now?" Joshua asks as we stopped dancing. As we stopped, the song changed to a more upbeat song. Everyone around us started jumping around, dancing wildly. "Yeah? Why not?" I questioned. Josh glances around before gently grabbing my hand and leading me off the dance floor. Instead of going to our table, he lead me outside.

Joshua sat us down in the same spot we first talked in. "Why do you want to get married all of a sudden?" He gently asks, looking into my eyes for any signs that I was joking. "It just came to me, and I realized I want to get married to you." I explained.

"Angel, we haven't even been together for one year." Josh softly says as he intertwined our fingers and placed them in his lap. "We're three months away!" I exclaimed. Joshua chuckles and looks down at our hands.

"No, but seriously. Who told you something that made you want to get married? Is it your mom getting married?" He asks.

I looked down at our hands. "It was the girl who was flirting with you. She came up to me and told me we wouldn't last, and we wouldn't even get married. I wanted to prove her wrong." I softly say before leaning into him.

"How about this? If you still want to get married, on our one year we can go and secretly get married. We don't have to tell anyone, only for us to know. And if you don't, I can get us promise rings!" Joshua explains. I looked up at his amazing features before speaking. "Are you sure? I don't want to pressure you into this." I tell him as I caressed his thumb with mine.

"I'm sure, baby girl. And then we can have a real one some day, picture a big wedding with all our friends and family." He imagines, leaning his head on mine. "That sounds nice." I blushed before looking up at the moon. "You still want to grab some food?" Josh asks as he glances at his watch. "Yeah, let's go." I smiled before standing up and fixing my dress. Joshua takes my hand as he stands up and leads me to his car.

•••

It was Josh's and I one year anniversary, and all I could think about was tonight. I thought about it over these past three months, and I really do want to get married to Josh. But what if he doesn't want to marry me? Shit, what if the guy who marries us asks for our ages? Josh can pass for eighteen, mainly since he's turning eighteen this December, but me? I still look like I'm fifteen, maybe sixteen! I'm seventeen, for crying out loud, give me some curves.

"Hey, if you want to back out that's fine." Josh says as I smoothed my dress out in the mirror. "No, I want to. I'm just scared, what if our parents find out? What if they make us break up?" I asked as he wrapped his arms around my waist, tucking his chin on my shoulder.

"Baby, they wouldn't do that. Sure, they would be angry, but it's our decision and our lives, not theirs." Josh comforts me as he pressed a sweet kiss on my shoulder. My nerves calmed down as I pressed my self closer to him.

"You look gorgeous, by the way." He smiles at me through the mirror. I was only wearing a simple white dress with white sandals, but the comment made me feel ten times better.

"And you look like a god." I giggled as I turned around in his grasp. "I try." He chuckles before leaning down and pressing a kiss against my lips. Josh reaches up and fiddles with my necklace as we kissed. He pulls away as he opens the locket, looking down into it. "You put a photo of us in it?" He blushes as we made eye contact. His eyes burned into my skin as he traces over my face with his eyes while I nodded. He pressed one last kiss on my lips before backing away and holding his hand out.

"Come on, let's go get married." He happily exclaims. Giggling, I took his hand in mine and followed him down my stairs and out the door.

•••

"We just got married!" Josh exclaimed as we exited the Courthouse. "Yeah, baby!" I exclaimed as I jumped on his back. He grips my thighs and walks us to the car, passing a few people who gave us weird looks.

Joshua drops me off by my car door and spins around before I had a chance to get in the car. His body presses against mine as he looks down at me. "You think our parents would let us live together?" He asked.

"Doubt it. We should look into apartments if anything happens, just to be safe." I giddily tell him as I looked down at the ring on my finger. It was beautiful, and I wish I could tell my friends but it was too much of a risk.

"Just to be safe? What do you mean?" Josh asks, looking softly into my eyes as he leads my eyes to him with his index finger on my chin. "What if they kick us out?" I asked. "Baby girl, they wouldn't do that to their own kids." Josh softly explains as I leaned on head on his chest. "I know, I just want to take precautions just in case." I tell him as I hugged him tightly. He wraps his arms around me and rubs my back.

"Let's go get some food to celebrate!" I exclaimed, trying to lighten the mood and bring back our excitement. Joshua chuckles and opens the door for me.

•••

"What kind of married couple stays in two different houses?" I asked Josh as we strolled through the park. "Baby, we have to do it right now. Just until we graduate." Josh chuckles before sitting us down on a park bench.

"So, we're going to wait a whole year?" I asked. Josh smiles as I placed my self under his arm. "It's what we have to do, darling." He says, but I could tell he wanted to move in together too. "Maybe we should just tell them? Maybe they'll be fine with it?"

"Let's just wait until we're 18, it's not very far away." Josh softly tells me. I nodded into his chest as I watched the little kids play. God, I can't wait to have my own kids.