46

"Josie, mama and dada gotta go." Joshua sighs, kissing the top of her head as he softly bounced her in his arms. She whines as I gently rubbed her back, leaning into Joshua's chest.

"Here, I have something for you." I gently smile at her as I took my carry on off. Opening it, I pulled out a familiar teddy bear.

"This is Franklin, and he is very special to us. Will you keep him safe for us while we're gone?" I softly asked, Joshua smiling at the familiar bear. She looks up from Joshua's necklace and to Franklin. With a slight nod, she gently grabs him from my hands and holds it to her chest.

"Keep him safe, alright?" Joshua asks, kissing the side of her head.

•••

"And we're in Australia!" Joshua exclaimed as he opened the door to the house we were renting for three weeks. "It's so beautiful." I smiled, placing the bags by the door. Joshua and I ventured upstairs and saw that there was a balcony. Smiling, I gently opened the door and stood on the balcony, watching over the ocean.

Two familiar arms wrap around my waist, tugging me closer to his body. "I love you." Josh smiles, resting his chin on top of my head. "I love you, too." I beamed, placing my hands on this arms that were wrapped around me. "So! What should we do first?" Joshua asks.

"I say FaceTime Josie!" I exclaimed. I was missing her terribly. "My mom just put her down for a nap, I asked for an update for you already." Joshua kisses the top of my head before unraveling his arms from my waist and venturing back inside.

"Thank you. But anyways, maybe we can take a walk on the beach?" I suggested, turning around to see him laying on the bed. Smiling, I skipped back inside and jumped onto the bed so I was next to him.

"Or we can hang out around here for today, we have three weeks to see everything." Joshua smiles, rolling onto his side and looking down at me. "Sounds good." I smile, gently pecking his cheek, and sitting up.

As I went to stand up, Joshua pulled me back down. "Uh, relax." I laughed, looking into his eyes. Instead of replying, Joshua leans down and pressed his lips against mine.

"Please." He murmured against my lips. With a smile, I nodded and placed my hand on the back of his neck, pulling him closer in the process.

•••

Since Josh was in the shower and I was a bit bored, I was going to go for a night swim in the ocean. Leaving a note on Joshua's pillow, I changed into my swimsuit and got ready to go.

A private beach was part of the house, so I took advantage of it and set my towel under my phone to keep it from flying away.

Taking a small step, I felt the wave softly brush against my feet. Continuing on, I walked until I was chest deep and my feet could still touch the ground. As I looked out over the sea, I listened to the tide crashing against the shore.

"Hey, beautiful." Joshua's voice rings behind me as he wraps his arms around my waist from behind. "Hey, J." I smiled, looking up at him. He looked completely relaxed, his hair wasn't even combed after this shower.

"Isn't the sea at night so pretty? I've always wanted to look out over the ocean at night." I sighed, leaning back against my husband's chest.

"Yeah, it is." I hear him reply. "You want to go head back to the house to watch some movies with me?" Joshua asks, brushing some hair away from my neck and placing his head in the crook of my neck. "Yeah, but for now let's just enjoy the ocean." I smiled, feeling him press soft kisses on my neck.