6

The next Monday, I looked for Josh during lunch. I haven't really seen Josh all week because of our schedules lately, but we have been snapping and texting whenever a chance pops up.

"Hey!" I greeted as I sat down at my normal lunch table. "Hey, Angel. What's up?" Iris asked, Hailey agreeing. "Nothing much. I'm pretty sure I failed my English Exam." I chuckled as I opened my lunch box. I hated school lunch, and I literally have brought lunch from home with me everyday since elementary school.

"I felt that." Hailey laughed as I felt a presence behind me. I glanced behind me to see Jamie, my ex. "What do you want?" I glared. "Nothing," Jamie paused before leaning down, placing his hands on my shoulders, and whispering. My shoulders physically tensed up. "Jamie, just go away! She doesn't want to talk to you." Iris and Hailey warned.

"I just wanted to tell you-." Jamie whispers as I tried to move my head away from him.

"Hands off!" A voice boomed as it neared. I looked up to see Josh. His face was beat red, signaling he was pissed off.

"I wasn't doing anything-." Jamie stutters as he takes his hands off of me. "Then what exactly were you doing with her? Because it looked like you were making her uncomfortable." Joshua taunted.

"Hey, Josh. Look at me." I squeaked. His soft brown eyes reluctantly make eye contact with my blue eyes. His facial features immediately relaxed. "It's not worth it, please sit down." I pleaded. He glared at Jamie one more time before sitting down next to me. Jamie sighs and walks away from our table.

"I've never seen you up close before." Iris admits. "Iris, not helping." I said as I laid my hand on his shoulder. "I'm sorry, I'm not good at words." She softly says. "You're fine." Josh sighs as he crosses his arms on the table before laying his head down on them. I gently ran my fingers through his soft curly brown hair.

"Are you two together?" Hailey asked. "Best friends." I lied right through my teeth. She nodded as she ate her food. "I have to use the bathroom." Josh says before standing up and making his way to the bathroom, making my hand drop.

"You guys aren't just best friends. I can see he likes you." Iris explains. "Iris, I love you. But-." I started before cutting my self off. "Fine. I like him. Now will you shut up?" I confessed before looking at the bathroom area to see Josh walking out. He looked better than when he went in. I unwrapped a piece of chocolate as I looked back at my friends. "I have to admit, he's hot." Hailey giggled. "You right!" I giggled.

"I'm okay." He said as he sat down again. "Chocolate?" I asked while gesturing to the chocolate in my hand. "Sure, sunflower." He smiles, my smile. He grabs it out of his hand and pops it into his pink mouth. I glanced at him up and down before looking at my friends. "I saw that. You checked me out." Josh smirks.

Before I could say anything, Iris rolled her eyes at someone approaching.

"O. M. G. Josh I haven't seen you all day!" Some girl came up and screamed. I furrowed my eyes while tilting my head while I turned to look at her. Iris and Hailey immediately burst out laughing.

"Oh, hey Mary!" Josh grumbles before turning back to the table. He gives me a 'help me' look before turning his head to face the table. She pushes me over and sits down between me and Josh. "Um-." I started, but she cut me off by talking to Josh and touching his shoulder. My eyes replaced the scene in front of me with my best friends.

"Is she serious?" I mouthed. Iris and Hailey shrugged. Sighing, I moved so I was sitting next to Hailey. Not long after, the bell rang to go back to class. I quickly packed my things and made my way to my locker. "Sunflower!" Josh called out. Sighing, I unlocked my locker and stuffed my lunchbox inside.

"So...Who was that?" I asked as he stood beside me at my locker with his bag over one shoulder. If I wasn't irritated, I would be drooling. Guys leaning against lockers on one shoulder always got me for some reason. "You're jealous, aren't you?" Joshua smirked.

"I'm not jealous." I lied. "You think I'm dumb enough to not understand when you're lying?" Josh asked. "Hey, man." One of Josh's friends said as he passed . Josh looked up and nodded before looking at me again. "Babe, you have nothing to be jealous over." Josh said as I closed my locker. I froze at the nickname. If we weren't dating, why is he calling me, babe?

"I want you, only you." Josh explains as I started walking to my next class since we had fourth lunch. "I'm sorry." I said as we walked. "It's okay, let's talk about it after school. Need a ride after practice?" He asked. "I do actually, mom and Jake are planning their wedding. Jace and Mason have their own practice that lasts longer." I explained.

"Then it's settled, I'll pick you up at...what time?" He asked. "4:45." I told him as we approached my next class. "Alright. See you later." Joshua smiled before looking around. No one was in the hallway due to it being almost late to class. He kissed my cheek before disappearing into his class across the hall. I walked into the classroom and sat down with a light blush on my face.

•••

"And that's it for today! Go ahead and make your way to the back to change." Coach Callaghan smiles. I nodded and grabbed my net before jogging back towards the school. As I passed, I saw Josh's car. We piled into the changing room and changed quickly before exiting the gym in an attempt to leave even faster.

"So. How are you and Josh?" Zoe and Zana teases as we walked outside. "We're not together." I chuckled. "Right..." Zana laughed. "I'll see you guys later." I laughed before getting in the car beside Josh. "Hi." I smiled. "Hey, love. Wanna get some food?" He asked.

"Yeah, for sure." I blushed as I looked out the window while he drove. I felt a little nudge on my leg. Glancing over, I saw Josh holding his free hand out for me. Blushing, I took his hand in mine.