12

We returned from our adventures a few days before Spring Break ended. We saw a lot of cute places, and beautiful attractions.

My mom and Jake were at the wedding planners, and Mason was no where to be found. Deciding I was bored, I picked up my phone and called Josh.

"Hey, babe. What's up?" He answered. "Just bored at home. You?" I asked. "Same. My mom's not home so I'm just playing video games."

"Sounds fun." I said as I leaned back on my bed. There was a few moments of silence. "Wanna hang out?" I asked, breaking the silence. "Sure, you need a ride?" He asked. "No, I can take Mason's car." I laughed before standing up. "Okay, drive safe. I love you." He says. "I will. I love you too." I tell him before hanging up and throwing a sweatshirt on with sweatpants with my Nike's. As I walked out the door with my phone in my pocket, I pulled my hair into a messy bun and grabbed my brothers keys from the table before making my way towards the car. Mason said I can drive the car whenever I want until I got my own, so I was going to take him up on that offer.

•••

The car rolled into Joshua's driveway before coming to a complete stop. The door opened as I got out of the car and out came Josh.

"Hey, babe!" I exclaimed as he hugged me. He swayed us as we hugged. "Hey, lovely." He smiles before breaking away and kissing me deeply. I pulled away from him before grabbing my phone from the center console. We made our way inside soon after and up into his room. He closed the door leading up to his room behind us and sat down on the edge of his bed, playing Call Of Duty. Positioning my self behind him, I wrapped my arms around his waist and laid my head on his back as I watched him play. I traced soft figures on his back as I turned my attention to my fingers.

His body shivered as I traced over his neck. "Don't do that." He chuckled, not taking his eyes off the screen.

As time went on, I got bored. I pulled away and laid down before scrolling through my phone. "Why'd you pull away?" He asks. Looking up from my phone, I saw he was pouting as he played. "I got bored." I shrugged before scrolling through TikTok.

A relationship video popped up, and it was a girl climbing into her boyfriend's arms while he was playing a game. Looking over, I saw Josh in the same position. Smiling to my self, I got up and set my phone up beside me, where he couldn't see but you could see the both of us. I started filming and backed away to get him to do it. Nudging his arm, I tried to push through. He lifted his arm and let me through without stopping his game.

Straddling his legs, I wrapped my arms around his neck and cuddled into his chest. He cuddled into my neck as he played. Glancing over, I saw the video had ended. I escaped his grasp and checked the video. It got everything. I quickly posted it and continued my business.

"Babe?" I asked as I turned around. His bottom lip was extended into a pout. "Would you stop pulling away? You're warm and comfy." He pouts as he glanced at me for a split second. Giggling, I returned to my position straddling his lap.

Not long after, I heard him shut the game off. "Want to watch a movie?" He asked. "No, I'm okay." I told him as I pulled away to look into his eyes.

"Can we listen to Harry Styles?" I asked. He nodded before pulling my phone out of my pocket and unlocking it. 'She' started playing out of my speaker. Joshua connects it to his speaker, obviously making it louder. He placed my phone beside us and leans in to kiss me. I deepened the kiss as I placed my hand on his cheek.

I pulled away to look into his eyes. His deep breath's cascaded over my cheeks. We slowly nodded before closing the distance again, this time just way deeper.

•••

Joshua placed one of his long shirts over my small body during the night. "Morning." He smiles as he realized I woke up. "Morning, bubba." I blushed as I recalled last nights events. He leaned down and pressed a soft kiss against my lips. We pulled away, and I cuddled into his chest. Joshua softly runs his fingers through my hair and rubs my back with his other hand.

"I would have made breakfast for you, but you were laying on my arm and you looked adorable." Josh explains. "It's okay, I've never really been a breakfast person." I laughed into his chest. I rolled over so I was laying on his body and cuddled my head into the crook of his neck. Joshua continues to rub my back in a comforting manner.

"I love you." I said into his neck. "I love you too, sunflower." He chuckled before turning the tv on.

My phone rang beside us. "Can you hand me that?" I asked while sitting up as I realized it was on his nightstand. He nods before grabbing it with his large hand and handing me it.

"My mom wants to know if you want to come over for dinner?" I asked as I saw the message. "I'd love to." Joshua beams up at me. I quickly replied saying he'd love to, and we'd be there later tonight.

"Wanna watch movies until I have to leave to get ready?" I asked. "Of course, is that even a question?"

•••

My eyes were glued to one of my favorite books, Paper Hearts, as I heard a familiar car roll into my driveway. My heart started to race as I realized it was my boyfriend. Rushing down the hall, I smoothed my hair out with my fingers.

"I got it!" I yelled out as I saw Jake nearing the door. He chuckles as he throws his hands up in surrender. I flung open the door to see my boyfriend with two bouquets of flowers in his large hands. "Hi." I greeted as I felt Jake behind me. "Hey." Josh smiles at me before glancing up at Jake behind me. "Hello. I'm Jake, Angel's step-dad." Jake says as she extends his hand for a shake.

Josh was nervous, I could tell by the look on his face. "It's nice to meet you!" Josh brightly smiled. "It's nice to meet you, too! Come in, come in!" Jake smiles. I step back to let Josh in. The tall boy stepped in with Jake closing the door behind him. "These are for you. I know you like Lilac's." Joshua smiled as he handed me a bouquet of lilac flowers. "Thank you!" I smiled before gently taking them from his hand. I gently kissed his cheek before returning to the kitchen to grab a vase.

After getting my flowers situated, I grabbed the pickle jar and took a pickle out before returning to my boyfriend and step dad. My mom was standing by the dining room table. "These are for you. I wasn't sure which ones were your favorite." Joshua smiled before holding the flowers out for my mom.

"Thank you! These are my second favorite, actually." My mom chuckles before hugging Josh. "Where's Mason?" I asked as I stood beside Josh. As my mom spoke, I took a bite of the small pickle. "He's on his way."

Josh coughs and tries to discreetly cover his nose. "You okay?" I asked as my parents turned away to put the flowers in the vase that was on the table. My mom was planning on getting some new flowers anyways.

"I hate the smell of pickles, and taste." Josh laughs beside me. "Oh. Shit, sorry!" I exclaimed before finishing the pickle and going to wash my hands. "It's okay. Don't worry about it." Joshua laughs as he follows me. Looking out to see my parents were distracted, I leaned in and pressed my lips against Josh's. He instinctively placed his hands on my hips before pulling me closer to him.

"I forgot to tell you this earlier, but you look really cute today." He smiles down at me as he pulled away. "Thank you." I blushed before kissing his jawline softly.

"Not right now, babe." He whispered before stepping away. I pouted as I heard the front door open, and my brother's footsteps near. A pair of footsteps followed close behind.

"Jace? Do you ever stay at your own house?" I questioned as I heard them near.

"Do you ever stop sucking his face off?" Jace asks as he enters the kitchen, grabbing a water from the fridge. "Grab me one!" I asked as I gestured toward the flavored waters. Jace tosses a raspberry water towards me. "Thanks." I smiled before leading Joshua back to my parents, not wanting them to tease Josh.