Chapter 4

Calum

Sometimes, time flies by faster than we want it to. It was only yesterday that I was with all three of the boys, sitting in the lounge or as others prefer to call it, the living room. I was next to my favorite person in the world, Luke Hemmings.

The boy is adorable to me honestly. He has the prettiest blue eyes that I could just get lost in for an eternity if given the opportunity. His lips always look kissable too but I always have to control myself to avoid temptation of destroying them with mine.

Luke is just my everything and whenever I get to sit by him, I feel happy. A lot happier actually because I'm actually going through a sad phase in my life and he seems to make it less sad. That's why I love him, I guess. He's just always been there and we've been close since we were in high school.

I'm almost as close as he and Ashton are. Ashton is Luke's best friend which I'm glad about because that means I have a higher chance at Luke liking me than anybody else. However, I don't even know if Luke is gay. It kind of seems like I'm the only one that is and that's a problem.

Guys never obsess over me really, its always Luke though. He always gets asked to kiss someone on their cheek for a picture and he gladly does it which I find cute but it slightly bothers me. Only because the guys have a better chance at getting into Luke's pants than I do.

"Calum, Calum, Calum," I repeatedly heard my name coming from one of the boy's mouths. I leaned up from my bed and wiped my eyes, then looked around seeing that I was alone with Michael.

"You're up, finally," Michael whined, tossing me an outfit. "I wouldn't be if you weren't calling my name," I retorted, snatching the clothes out of his hand.

He let his shoulders slump down just before taking a seat beside me on my bed. "I'm sorry Cal, its just that I missed you a lot and I didn't want to wait any longer to talk to you." His words made me smile which was great because he always knows how to make someone's day.

That's why Michael is my best friend. We might have our occasional fights and we might act like we hate each other at times but he's my best friend, my brother, my other half, he's family.

"Aw," I mumbled while pulling off my shirt and throwing it to the corner of my room. Michael's eyes trailed up and down my body and it made me feel uncomfortable but its no big deal because I get looked at up and down all the time.

"Are you checking me out?" I exclaimed, cocking an eyebrow at him. His eyes widened then he quickly shook his head and replied, "No, I wasn't. I was just-"

I stood up and slid the black skinny jeans over the boxers that I slept in since I was too lazy to change into new ones. Its not like we're doing anything anyway and its not laundry day yet. "I-I wasn't checking you out, Calum. Don't think like that."

His reaction made me chuckle, so I just shook my head at him with a smile on my face. "I was joking silly, I already know you can't resist looking at my body." Once again, his eyes widened but this time his cheeks flushed a bright cherry red.

"Again, joking."

I wasn't sure if he was actually checking me out or joking around with me but I didn't want to make him feel weird. After all, we are best friends. "You look like a troll," He stated,turning his head to the left and keeping it still so that he looked like a confused pug.

"Says the guy with messy red hair," I replied with a smug grin, then I followed him into the bathroom so we could help each other fix up. Instead of fixing our hair though, we ended up fighting over who gets to use the comb first but he let me win.