Chapter 28

James grabbed his cell and dialed Diana's number; it was just beginning to ring when he saw her front door opening and she came outside pushing a stroller. Dressed in black jeans and a pink sweater, Diana had a backpack on her back and a denim jacket tied to her waist. Her hair was tied on a braid that reached her waist. He loved her long hair. When she turned around, she saw him waving and smiling from inside the cab which caused her heart to beat faster and she smiled back, and the taxi driver was outside near the trunk of the car, ready to help her.

"Good morning." She spoke to the man offering him a smile of sympathy.

"Good morning mam." The man greeted her with a smile on his lips too.

When he closed the trunk, he opened the door for her and Diana got inside, joining James on the backseat.

"Hey." She kissed his lips. "I missed you." She then confessed as they hadn't seen each other the night before and they were used to spend time alone every day after work.

"I missed you too." He said grabbing her hand in his and resting it on his leg. "I am sorry babe, but last night Phil and I came back home almost at 4 am."

"It's ok." She said understanding. A setback happened concerning a car and they had to help the others to get the job complete or the car wouldn't be able to go to London in time. "Did you manage to get the car ready?" She asked him.

"Yes." James nodded. "It is ready to ship. They must be passing by the company today to take it to the harbor and embarks to London just on schedule."

"Good."

"Ready for New York?" He asked in her ear and then kissing her cheek.

The touch of his lips on her skin gave her goosebumps. Instead of getting used to his touch and caresses, she was more and more affected by it. Not in a bad manner, but in an extremely hear felting manner. She was falling in love with him more and more every day.

"God... no..." She answered. "I hate flying."

"Who could tell? Someone who has to fly around 12 hours to travel from here to her birthplace." He joked pinching her nose softly.

"Don't joke. I almost died on the flight here." She laughed in the end and remembering all the turbulence during that flight. Diana shivered at the thought.

"Well... this time I am there to hold you're your hand. I am your superman." Diana ended up laughing loud with his remark and tapped his arm.

"Dork." She said.

"Can you drive a little faster?" James asked the driver as he looked at the watch. They were getting a little late. If there was traffic on the bridge they would risk losing the flight.

"I am on the speed limit, sir." The man informed and James said nothing as he couldn't ask him for more. Police was severe in San Francisco about speed limits, so he understood the driver couldn't go any faster than that.

"What time is the flight?" Diana asked.

"In an hour and a half... but we still have to cross the bridge. I fell asleep..." He confessed.

"You look tired." She said watching his face.

"I am. It's been a crazy week. Maybe I can sleep a little on the plane."

"I thought you were going to be my superman." She joked and he chuckled.

"Do you always have to have something to say?" His lips curved in a smirk.

"Yes." She confirmed.

James looked in her eyes for a few seconds in silence and then spoke. "Love you." He said then caressing her face. Then he approached her and kissed her lips lovingly. Diana was taken by surprise with his words, but it warmed her heart so much that she couldn't hold smile. "Why that smile?" He asked smiling too with his hand grabbing her chin gently.